Yatagarasu (2013) Rice Digital
One of fighting scene in Japan’s best kept secrets, Yatagarasu is a 2D fighter of remarkable quality. Taking in a range of influences from Street Fighter III: Third Strike to King of Fighters, Yatagarasu is a fighting game aficionado’s delight, boasting excellent mechanics and superbly balanced gameplay. This should come as no surprise given that it’s the work of one of Japan’s best fighting game players, Umezono and ex-SNK and King of Fighters artist Kotani Tomoyuki. If you consider yourself a fan of fighting games, this should not be missed.
• Choose from up to 8 unique characters.
• Stunning sprite artwork and animation from King of Fighters artist, Kotani Tomoyuki
• Choose your trash talking commentator from top Japanese players - Tokido, Kokujin and KSK, who’ll react to your play style.
• Innovative ‘button locking’ parry system to give you the defensive edge.
• Unique damage mitigation system where tapping the attack buttons to correspond with incoming attacks limits damage taken.
• Exclusive part-localised version, ONLY available on Rice Digital