xplorer² v188.8.131.52 | File-Size: 1.56 MB
exponential growth to file management productivity
xplorer² is what windows explorer should have been. We've kept the best bits and threw away the inconsistencies and irritations, all in a small and nimble, easy to use package.
At first glance everything looks familiar: the classic tree/view user interface, clean and clutter free, should get you started immediately. xplorer² will get you in all places you keep your digital wealth, including namespace extensions like FTP, zipfolders, webfolders (webDAV) etc.
But that's where the similarities end. Unlike explorer, xplorer² allows you to browse more than one folder at a time, using tabs  and dual panes . Sorting out and copying files becomes a breeze. You can navigate your shell namespace quickly using favorites, clickable paths (breadcrumbs) , easy access to root folders , a tree and a bookmark pane  (drop box) etc. You can even save and restore folder groups whenever your workflow deems necessary.
xplorer² browsing model scales up well to large folders with thousands of files. It reads fast, offers visual filters and a variety of selection mechanisms that allow you to manage your files effectively.
[184.108.40.206] 23 November 08 ----------------
* [P] improved color coding performance (Customize menu) in large folders
* Added 48x48 program icon
* "Don't lock browsed folder" advanced option now allows easier folder deletion
* Full manual and help updated
* registry option FTCOPT_OPENSUBFOLDERS=64 (for binTreeOptions) tree expands branch of active node when synchronizing with the active folder
* user commands and those from the addressbar can be applied to ALL selected items if you use a double prompt e.g. >> or $$. Single prompt characters will apply the command only to the focused item as usual.
* installer asks you (via a checkbox in Additional Tasks page) whether to associate xplorer² with folders so it will open when you click on folders on your desktop etc. This does not include virtual folders like "recycle bin", "my computer" etc.
* [P] Global registry option nCustMenuIcons how many bookmarks, user commands etc that can be placed on toolbars (5-100)
* Settings editor modified to accept plain numbers as well as slider bar control
* [P] xplorer² registration information shared so you can have both 32/64 bit running on the same PC. The program settings are shared too.
* Mass rename wizard dialog made X-resizable
* editor² v2.9 with x64 compatibility and some bug fixes
* 64 bit compatibility; to download the separate 64 bit version see http://zabkat.com/x2-64bit.htm
* registry option GAOPT_NOMINIDUMP=16384 don't install crash handler and no minidump generated
otherwise in case of program crash %TEMP%\x2minidump.mdmp is written in the temp folder to aid remote debugging
* registry option DPF_NOMIDDLECLOSE=131072 middle/double click won't close tabs
* registry option GAOPT_NOCASCADEFRW=32768 don't open new frame windows cascaded (displaced bottom/right)
* [P] registry option GAOPT_IGNOREADSERR=65536, robust copy operations won't complain for file stream loss — use at own risk!
* registry option FTCOPT_SORTBYDATE=32 (for binTreeOptions) sorts tree nodes by date modified
* mass renamer removes illegal characters from filenames (e.g. those introduced by ID3 tags) for _underscores
* added environmental variable X2DIR=xplorer2 executable folder, useful for portable runs. You can set tool paths relative to xplorer2 and use them in custom user commands, e.g. %X2DIR%..\yourTool.exe $n (note backslash included)
* Actions > Export settings now writes instructions in REG file to remove old registry information first
* Going up folder (Goto > Up a level) always selects the folder you came out of
* /N command line switch makes xplorer² not read network and other slow folders on startup, in case they are unavailable
* middle mouse button toggles the selection status of the item under cursor, good for vista where sticky selection doesn't work. If you don't have middle mouse button just press left & right simultaneously or click the scrollwheel
* registry field nCodePage (under main key) adds custom code page in various text file encoding drop-down lists, e.g. a value of 1253 will add Greek codepage and you can search for greek text in plain text files easier.
* Documents without image preview get a large icon in thumbnail view, like windows explorer does it
* various bugfixes
Designed for: windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista (32 & 64 bit)
Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
(File-Size: 1.56 MB)
(File-Size: 1.56 MB)