Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide
by Gary David Bouton
352 pages | McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1st edition (October 15, 2009) | 0071625593 | PDF | 11.61 Mb
Master the world's fastest drawing program!
Learn the principles of vector drawing as you learn technique, composition, and other art essentials--then apply your skills to creating websites, animations, logos, photographic retouches, and more. Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide shows you how to customize the software, use QuickShapes, draw vector paths, use fills for photorealistic effects, and compose professional desktop publishing documents. This hands-on resource brings you from concept to completion with examples that span a range of art styles--using the vector drawing program that thinks it's a bitmap editor.
With these tutorials that apply to Xara Xtreme, Xtreme Pro, and Magix Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer, you'll:
* Work with vector paths that look like paint strokes
* Tag colors to dramatically change complex drawings in seconds
* Build multi-page, graphically rich websites in a few hours
* Convert bitmap web graphics to resizable vector shapes
* Design artwork in minutes that looks like it took days
* Create and export original Flash animations for the web in no time
* Create 3D text and apply special effects to imported photos and vector shapes
* Invisibly retouch photographs with feathering, fractal fills, multi-step gradients, and transparencies
Inside you'll find an inspirational Xara GrandMasters Gallery of award-winning artwork from around the world. Get started today by downloading free trial software from www.xara.com!
Download lesson files from www.mhprofessional.com/computingdownload and www.theboutons.com.