Xara Web Designer is unlike any web editor you will have seen before; an easy template based solution that gives you total page design freedom, no HTML skills required. There are some major changes on this latest version, please check the rest of the article to find out. We have seperated setup files for Xara Web Designer and also Premium Edition, get which one you like!
Xara Web Designer & Premium Edition 126.96.36.19932
Web Designer gives you total design freedom – using drag and drop you can literally place anything, anywhere on the page. And things which are normally difficult to achieve in HTML are a snap in Web Designer – for example text with curved edges, text or graphics at an angle, text flowing around objects – no problem! Working with industry standards is vital, so Web Designer sites are W3C compliant, cross browser compatible (IE 5.5, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and XHTML, CSS standards based. It can also import a huge range of files types for vector graphics, image and text including PDF, RTF, RAW, PSD, TIFF and of course JPEG, PNG, GIF. Whether you customize one of the bundled templates or create your own graphics or animations, it’s genuinely WYSIWYG – what you see in Web Designer is exactly what you get on your website.
Traditional web authoring tools are really just HTML editors, they are designed to create text layouts, providing few graphical capabilities. And yet it’s evident that the vast majority of modern websites are of a graphical nature. We believe you should have complete freedom to include anything – text, graphics, photos – anywhere on the page, using just one tool. And you shouldn’t need to know, or even see, the HTML that goes into creating your site, any more than a car driver needs to know how an engine works.
You only need one program for creating graphical websites – from design to publishing – and that’s Web Designer. Web Designer includes customizable template designs plus tools for creating your own vector graphics and animations, for photo editing (an integrated ultra-fast, non-destructive photo tool), and for advanced text layout. Site upload is covered too!
Web Designer’s templates are created by top professional designers, so the quality is guaranteed. But of course you can customize the color, text, images, size etc to create your own personal look without any loss of quality. It’s the best of both worlds!
But we have some clever tricks too, to make things easier for you – here’s just a few of the things that will save you time and trouble:
Liquid text flow around objects; easy mouseover, thumbnail and pop-up creation; automatic adjustment of photos to the correct web resolution; one-click change of site wide theme colors and shades; automatic color matching of imported objects such as buttons; and buttons and text panels that automatically stretch as you change the text.
What’s New In Xara Web Designer 7:
Web Authoring/ Web Publishing:
* New: Widgets
* Presentation websites
* New animated transition effects for layers and page links
* Intelligent repeating headers / footers / watermarks
* Create your own distinctive ‘favicons’
* Sitemap support
* Built-in preview window now includes navigation buttons
* Preview your web page in full screen
* Quickly preview your pages in all the most popular web browsers
* Explore your FTP web space
General Tools & Useability Enhancements:
* Brand new ‘magic snap’ for object alignment
* Improved page management
* Improved page management
* Advanced graphics tools
* A new straight line / arrowhead tool
* New paste operations
* Export animation documents as AVI files
* Tabbed document windows
* Quick alignment of selected objects
* Fly-out galleries for instant viewing and flexible docking
* Solid, live shape drawing
* HTML 5 video
* Hierachical Designs Gallery
* Easier control of graphic styles (attribute rules).
Other Minor Enhancements:
* Greater control over clipping objects to page
* Improved context sensitive menus
* Add your website to Xara/MAGIX user galleries
* Clearer InfoBar text rendering
* Easily add header code to a page or website
* New Photo Optimize dialog control
* Text repelling within layers