Formerly Xara Photo & Graphic Designer has now re-branded with Photo & Graphic Designer 365.
Xara Photo & Graphic Designer is the perfect software choice for all your photo and graphic design work, with powerful photo editing and enhancement features, and truly flexible illustration and design tools.
What's New in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365:
Easy Move, Rotate & Scale for Photos
Select a photo in the Photo tool and you'll see some new handles on the photo, for scale, rotate and crop. It's a lot easier and more intuitive than using the Fill tool for these simple but frequent actions, and it's smarter too – ensuring you never see any gaps around the edge of the photo when you move it in its frame or change the shape of the frame. Top Tip – it's great for horizon straightening!
New Cross Process Photo Effect
Create some dramatic contrast and saturation effects with this new option on the photo enhance toolbar, which simulates a traditional photographic effect created by using the wrong chemicals (digital photo editors such as PGD achieve the same effect by manipulating the red, green and blue channels).
New Blend Modes (dodge and burn)
We've added two great new transparency blend modes, compatible with the W3C standards: Dodge (which generally brightens) and burn (which generally darkens).
Photo Filter Pre-Sets
A wonderfully quick and easy way to apply popular effects to your photos.
You'll find more than 25 ready-made effects in the Content Catalog (image resources > photo filter pre-sets). Simply select your photo and hit Import! What's more you can continue to edit the effects using the Enhance tool or Brightness Levels dialog, and if you replace the photo the effects are retained.
Cutting an object out of your photo is now as simple as clicking along the edge of the object to be cut, and hitting Cut!
Photo Effect Painter
Check out the new paintbrush tool on the photo fly out. Now you can simply ‘paint' on photo effects such as the new dodge and burn. And what's more you can still edit the values of the effect, or edit the painted region with the Region Painter or Erazer.
EXIF Tool Improvements
The EXIF tool has been enhanced, so it now supports IPCT and SMP tags.
Symbols & Icons
Check out Insert > Symbol. These are not just useful symbols and icons that you can add to your text, but fully editable vector shapes!
- The popular Font Awesome collection has been updated, and is now supplemented by a collection of Google Material Design Icons making more than 1500 symbols in total
- We've added a search function for the symbols, eg search on ‘Face' and it will show you Facebook symbols, smiley faces etc
- The symbols will be automatically updated as new versions become available
- Plus there's improved handling of symbols that have been added to your text (so for example they aren't affected by font changes to the text)
- A new right click Replace Symbol option (including symbols in bullet lists)
Other Text Enhancements
- Improved subscript / superscript positioning
- A new rectangular text repelling option
- Option to change the case of selected text, switching between UPPER CASE, lower case or Sentence case
- The spell checker menu now allows you to set the language for your whole document
- Improvements to the auto-kerning (now supports kerning between character classes, so many newer OpenType fonts now render with the correct kerning)
- Better handling of text on buttons (so font and font size changes are synchronized on the mouse off and mouse over state)
- List editing improvements
- And other minor enhancements
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista® | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10
- Intel® Celeron® or newer, or AMD® Sempron® or newer
- Min 500MB of RAM
- Min 300MB of available hard-disk space