WordWeb Pro v5.52 // DVT
WordWeb Pro: English dictionary, thesaurus, and word finder software.
WordWeb is a comprehensive one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows. It can be used to look up words from almost any program, showing definitions, synonyms and related words. It includes pronunciations and usage examples, and has helpful spelling and sounds-like links.
Wordweb is a feature rich software that does much more than a paper dictionary or thesaurus. WordWeb is truly a Word Web - each set of synonyms is linked to other related sets. Look up "tree", click on the "Types" tab and you'll have a list of different types of tree. Click on "Part of" and WordWeb will tell you that a tree can be part of a "forest" or "wood".
Latest version 5 - now with fast one-click look up, web-reference tabs, bookmarks, Vista support, and more
The fast easy-to-use program lets you:
* NEW: One-click look up from almost any program, including MS Word
* NEW: Tab pages to quickly check web references
* NEW: Bookmark words
* NEW: Highlights commonly used widely-understood words
* Find words matching a pattern
* Edit and add to the database
* Solve and find anagrams
* Copy results to the clipboard
* Cross-reference to other installed electronic dictionaries
* Search for words in a large number of optional extra word lists
* Add your own custom glossaries
* Configure for American, British, Canadian, Australian or Asian English
* Option to hide (default) or flag vulgar and offensive related words
* Reverse definition (full text) search
* Cross-links words that sound the same (homonyms)
The extensive up-to-date dictionary database features:
* Definitions and synonyms, including many compounds and proper nouns
* Word relations: find antonyms, parts or types, less specific words, etc.
* Over 126 000 synonym sets and 158 000 root words
* Search over 260 000 words, compounds and derived forms
* 70 000+ pronunciations, with pop-up hint pronunciation key
* 49 000 usage examples
* View alphabetically nearest words, suggestions for many misspellings
(Size: 17.16 MB)
(Size: 17.16 MB)