WinZip Self-Extractor v4.0 Build 8672 | 5.63 MB
WinZip Self-Extractor is a useful utility program which creates self-extracting Zip files.These self-extracting Zip files are ideal for electronic file distribution, because they allow the receiver to use a familiar Windows interface to decompress files without a separate unzip utility. Additionally, self-extracting Zip files can optionally run a "setup" or "installation" program, provided by the creator, after the files are decompressed.WinZip Self-Extractor is a companion product to WinZip and is separately licensed.
Support for Advanced Encryption:
· Create self-extracting Zip files that contain AES, 128- or 256-bit key, encrypted files.
Additional Compression Method Support:
· PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compressed files now supported.
· WinZip Self-Extractor is wizard driven, which simplifies the process of building self-extracting Zip files.
· Easily create and customize your self-extracting Zip files.
Customize software installations:
· WinZip Self-Extractor can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation that allow you to customize the self-extracting Zip file's icon and dialog box text, as well as open any file using the application associated with that file on the end-user's machine.
· A self-extracting Zip file created by WinZip Self-Extractor can span multiple removable disks.
Invoke from Start/Run command:
· WinZip Self-Extractor can be run from the "Start" menu's "Run" dialog box by simply typing "wzipse32".
Self-extractors for software installation:
· WinZip Self-Extractor can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation that can run standard Microsoft-format .INF files as an alternative to "setup" programs, and can clean up files even if the install process involves a reboot.
Issue optional command after unzip:
· There is no practical limit on the length of the optional command issued by self-extracting Zip files after the unzip operation completes.
International Language Messages:
· Self-extracting Zip files can be created with English or German messages.
· Support for Jpeg Compression
· Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with Jpeg compression, delivering up to 25% compression of JPEG images with no loss in quality
· Support for LZMA Compression
· Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with LZMA compression, delivering powerful compression for many file types
· Support for WavPack Compression
· Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with WavPack compression, delivering lossless compression of .WAV (audio) files
· Unicode Support
· To ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file
Homepage - http://winzip.com/prodpagese.htm