WinSnap 3.1.5 (x32/x64 + Portable) | 1.82Mb
WinSnap is a small enhancement utility for taking and editing screenshots. Standard features include easy capture of non-rectangular windows with customized and transparent backgrounds, simple and automatic canvas transformations, coloring effects, and the addition of eye-candy drop shadows. WinSnap supports a variety of image formats and has advanced auto-save features.
It can automatically enhance the capture with a smooth drop shadow effect, add a watermark, change the coloring and optionally save as a new file or copy it to the clipboard. Other features include support for Vista Aero effects, image rotation, advanced auto-saving, image scaling, send by email (MAPI), keyboard shortcuts and more. WinSnap can save images in PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF and JPG format.
• Easy makes screenshots of windows with rounded corners
• WinSnap saves info about window form and adds real smoothing shadows!
• Unique "Application" mode allows you to capture all visible windows of the foreground application with one click.
• Basic coloring effects and canvas transformations.
• Advanced auto-save and auto-copy options.
• Usual keyboard and mouse control (Print Screen replacement).
• Make all this work with one 100-kb application - smaller than Paint!
What is new in WinSnap 2.0:
The new version 2.0 contains a number of innovative features that enable far superior screenshots and even easier working methods.
Aero Glass capture with shadows and transparencies
WinSnap v2.0 was especially designed for capturing the new Windows Vista UI. It can handle all possible issues with translucent window frames and rounded corners. WinSnap can draw a drop shadow effect that is very similar to the Aero theme.
Alpha-Channel and PNG transparency support
Now shadows are semi-transparent! This function allows very easy image compositing, and is particularly useful when placing screenshots on multi-color backgrounds.
Unique Multi-Object capture mode
WinSnap v2.0 allows you to simultaneously select and capture multiple objects (e.g. windows, dialogs, buttons and controls). A few windows can be placed on the screen and easily combined into one screenshot image.
Work faster with configurable External Tools
You can quickly open screenshots in your favorite image editor using the Tools menu or shortcut keys. This feature also allows you to automatically save images into different directories and in different formats.
Other small improvements and core optimization
* Region fixed-size capture mode
* New file auto-naming options
* Quick-Print shortcut key
List of the most noticeable updates:
New user interface
- clean and simple UI
- bigger preview, buttons and controls
- menu and button icons
Reflection image effect
- add high-quality reflections with just one click
- supports any background color and transparency
- clear window transparency under Vista ("dirty" aero background)
- performance improvements for high resolutions
- "Open File Location" (run explorer and open containing folder)
- "Copy Full Path" (to paste into browser or command line)
- "New Snapshot" hotkey (Print Screen)
- default key combinations were changed
Tips & Tricks
- use the mouse wheel to change the current capture mode
- double-click WinSnap window to save image
- right-click WinSnap window for advanced options
Changes in Version 3.1.5 (January 4, 2010):
* New translations: Armenian, Estonian, Persian, Vietnamese (32+ languages)
* Improved performance of the Region selection mode for multi-monitor systems
* Added a check of illegal characters in filenames when using %TITLE%, %CLASS%
* WinSnap now remembers the page orientation correctly when printing images
* Fixed capturing of maximized windows on XP (Window & Application mode)
* Fixed height of the menu bar in High-DPI mode on Vista and Windows 7
* Revised sizes of the Settings dialogs, buttons and controls
* Various other stability and performance improvements