VMware ThinApp simplifies application delivery by isolating applications from the underlying operating system and plugging directly into existing virtual and physical desktop management tools and infrastructure.
VMWare ThinApp Enterprise 4.7.2 Build 771812
• Package each application with its own DLL file and registry changes to eliminate installation conflicts
• Execute applications on locked-down PCs in 100% user mode
• Run applications from any media without needing admin privileges
• Application Management. Seamlessly integrated with VMware Horizon Application Manager, applications packaged with VMware ThinApp can be easily managed and deployed to end users. Use VMware Horizon Application Manager to set policies, entitle users, and securely deliver applications via the cloud.
• Seamless Virtual and Native Browser Experience. ThinDirect gives end users the flexibility to run IE 6 on Windows 7 desktops alongside natively installed newer browser versions. With ThinDirect administrators can configure Web pages for virtualized IE 6 and its dependencies to ensure that URLs always open in the right browser for a seamless end user experience.
• Full Support for Windows 7. VMware ThinApp now supports Windows 7. You can now package legacy applications from older versions of Windows such as Windows XP and Windows Vista into VMware ThinApp packages for deployment on Windows 7. Avoid costly recoding and regression testing and accelerate deployment of business applications to Windows 7 more quickly and securely.
• Relink. If you’ve used previous versions of VMware ThinApp to create application packages, these existing packages can be upgraded to the new VMware ThinApp format (versions 4.5 and above) without the need of associated project files for the applications. This utility speeds up the process of upgrading your existing VMware ThinApp packages.
• Performance Accelerator. Reduced page file usage for virtual applications and increased memory sharing between multiple instances of applications allows for quicker application invocation and improved application delivery to end users. This helps to improve user experience with VMware ThinApp, and at the same time reduces network bandwidth consumption.
• Registry Transaction Protection. Ensure the integrity of the registry file and eliminate potential data corruption due to crash or system failure by mapping to a backup registry file.
• Enhanced Packaging Support Ecosystem. Customers can now elect to share application packaging results with VMware at the beginning of capture or contribute application packaging tips and recipes with a network of community users. By building out this ecosystem of support for users, we will have a better understanding of product usage to provide better product support.
Changes in VMWare ThinApp ThinApp 4.7.2 Build 771812
* Streaming – ThinApp agent is now able to stream the virtualized application blocks to stateless View desktops without deploying the entire package. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 2030247
* Update Support – With this feature ThinApp can now enable Horizon Connector to recognize multiple versions of an application package and then communicate that change to the Agent through the Horizon Service. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 2030248
* Relink Support – This feature allows ThinApp users to enable Horizon support for packages which are created prior to ThinApp 4.7 without a rebuild. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 2021928
* New Sandbox Parameter – A new Package.ini parameter, RemoveSandBoxOnStart, is now available. You can set RemoveSandBoxOnStart=1 to clear the sandbox on each launch of an application.