VirtualBox 3.0.2 | 67.9 mb
July 10, 2009 VirtualBox 3.0.2 released!
Sun today released VirtualBox 3.0.2, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 3.0 which improves stability and performance. See the ChangeLog for details.
VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction.
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Solaris and OpenSolaris, and OpenBSD.
VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while Sun ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
VirtualBox 3.0.2 (released 2009-07-10)
This is a maintenance release. The following items were ﬁxed and/or added:
* VMM: fixed network regressions (guest hangs during network IO) (bug #4343)
* VMM: guest SMP performance improvements
* VMM: fixed hangs and poor performance with Kaspersky Internet Security (VT-x/AMD-V only; bug #1778)
* VMM: fixed crashes when executing certain Linux guests (software virtualization only; bugs #2696 & #3868)
* ACPI: fixed Windows 2000 kernel hangs with IO-APIC enabled (bug #4348)
* APIC: fixed high idle load for certain Linux guests (3.0 regression)
* BIOS: properly handle Ctrl-Alt-Del in real mode
* iSCSI: fixed configuration parsing (bug #4236)
* OVF: fix potential confusion when exporting networks
* OVF: compatibility fix (bug #4452)
* NAT: fixed crashes under certain circumstances (bug #4330)
* 3D support: fixed dynamic linking on Solaris/OpenSolaris guests (bug #4399)
* 3D support: fixed incorrect context/window tracking for multithreaded apps
* Shared Folders: fixed loading from saved state (bug #1595)
* Shared Folders: host file permissions set to 0400 with Windows guest (bug #4381)
* X11 host and guest clipboard: fixed a number of issues, including bug #4380 and #4344
* X11 Additions: fixed some issues with seamless windows in X11 guests (bug #3727)
* Windows Additions: added VBoxServiceNT for NT4 guests (for time synchronization and guest properties)
* Windows Additions: fixed version lookup
* Linux hosts: workaround for buggy graphics drivers showing a black VM window on recent distributions (bug #4335)
* Linux hosts: fixed typo in kernel module startup script (bug #4388)
* Installer: support Pardus Linux
* Solaris hosts: several installer fixes
* Solaris host: fixed a preemption issue causing VMs to never start on Solaris 10 (bug #4328).
* Solaris guest: fixed mouse integration for OpenSolaris 2009.06 (bug #4365)
* Windows hosts: fixed high CPU usage after resuming the host (bug #2978)
* OVF: accept ovf:/disk/ specifiers with a single slash in addition to ovf://disk/ (bug #4452)
* Fixed a settings file conversion bug which sometimes caused hardware acceleration to be enabled for virtual machines that had no explicit configuration in the XML.