Virtual CD v184.108.40.206 | File-Size: 55.04 MB
Virtual CD, the worldwide leading CD emulator
Virtual CD: the ideal solution for all your CD and DVD requirements – proven and tested by millions!
Use CDs and DVDs without a drive
Virtual CD "virtualizes" your DVDs and music and data CDs, and saves them with efficient data compression on the hard disk of your PC or server. On the Windows workstation, Virtual CD sets up virtual CD drives that behave exactly like physical drives.
With Virtual CD you can not only create and use virtual CDs, but also burn virtual CDs and DVDs. Regardless of whether you yourself would like to test a created DVD, to put together an audio CD or just not happen to have a blank disk for a data CD at hand, with Virtual CD you always have a burner with a blank disk that you can use from any program. You can use the CDs or DVDs created in this manner immediately with Virtual CD and burn them on a physical medium, if necessary.
Using the expanded quick start program, you can nearly use any Virtual CD function without having to start the Virtual CD Management or the toolbox. With a simple left click on the Virtual CD symbol you arrive at the program menu where you can utilize all important Virtual CD functions. On the other hand, if you click on the symbol with the right mouse key, the drive menu opens. Here you can e.g. insert and eject images or insert blank CDs in the virtual burner.
Furthermore, Virtual CD has been expanded by the addition of many new features and improvements:
* Innovative Snapshot function
* Smart Virtual CD drives now compatible with USB flash drives
* Unlimited number of virtual burners
* Incremental additions to images
* Improved readout algorithms
* Job execution for automated creation of images
and much more!
Virtual CD is compatible with Windows Vista and has a Microsoft-certified driver for 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Put an end to the annoying business of looking for and inserting your CDs/DVDs.
- With Virtual CD you can create compressed 1:1 copies (virtual CDs/DVDs) to your hard drive. You can then store your originals safely in a cabinet! Your virtual CDs are then available with a simple click or even automatically with the autostart of the corresponding program.
No more drive noise, no more changing CDs, no more slow CD start-up.
- With Virtual CD you receive up to virtual drives that behave just like the "real" physical CD/DVD drives - except that they are up to 200x faster! The only noise you hear is music or the applictions sounds, and all you need to do is play, work and enjoy.
Fast, convenient, effective!
- Nobody needs to handle fragile CDs any more in order to run applications. Your children don't need to, nor do your colleagues or you yourself!
- Music, games, searching programs, grafic programs - all will be loaded faster and is immediately accessible. You can simultaneously use a number of different CD programs without needing to purchase a number of CDdrives - this pays off quickly.
Virtual CD offers you more!
- You can use virtual CDs in a network!
- You can burn virtual CDs to a CD-R!
- You can protect your virtual CDs with a password or encryption!
- You can protect your "real" physical CD/DVD drives with a password!
No risks, proven quality!
- Millions of private and professional users worldwide enjoy the advantages of Virtual CD since 1998. Each year coveted awardes confirm how easy Virtual CD is to operate - thus it will undoubtedly earn your enthousiasm. Whether game-CDsm route planners, lexicons, reference CDs - with Virtual CD you have everything at hand.
Using CDs and DVDs without a drive:
Virtual CD copies your CDs and DVDs to the hard drive of your PC or Server using highly efficient data compression techniques. The virtual CDs are then run in virtual CD drives which are automatically set up in Windows and have all the functions and features of physical CD drives.
Advantages of Virtual CD:
- Up to 25 virtual CD/DVD drives
- Up to 25 CDs/DVDs accessible at the same time
- High speed access to an unlimited number of CDs and DVDs
- 1:1 access to CD- or DVD-images stored in a network
- CD/DVD data throughput at hard disc speed (200x CD-ROM)
- Accesstime up to 93% faster than a phys. CD-ROM drive
- Concurrent access of several computers to a CD/DVD image
and much more...
Virtual CD v9 - New functions:
• Vista-compatible: “Certified for Windows Vista”.
• Incremental extension of images
• Fast access to Toolbox programs
• Smart Virtual CD drives now compatible with USB flash drives
• Unlimited number of virtual burners
• Comparison Wizard
• Improved Quick Start utility
• Snapshot function
• Grouping function
• Job Execution
• Extended options for creating images
• Support for any physical CD drive
Virtual CD v9 - Version History 220.127.116.11
* Fixed: File selection error using the Windows standard dialog to select a file from a read-only folder.
* Fixed: Quick Start - Under some rare conditions the images were not shown in the correct folders.
* Fixed: Image Wizard – in some situations sector verification has crashed the build process.
* Changed: Image Wizard – 'Verify each sector' couldn't be activated if it wasn't necessary to use it.
* Improved: Image Wizard – Disc reading optimization.
* Fixed: Settings – When using Vista with UAC enabled, all settings are now written to the user key.
* Changed: Script Generator - Scripts that insert images now wait 2 seconds before starting a given program. This ensures that Windows systems receive notice of the inserted images.
* Fixed: 1-to-1 copy - CDRLibErr.LOG is now written correctly.
* Improved: 1-to-1 copy - Better burning support on some drives.
* Fixed: Deinstallation problem which can occur under Windows Server 2008 x64.
* Fixed: Minor compatibility issues.
* Changed: Language updates.
(File-Size: 55.04 MB)
(File-Size: 55.04 MB)