Here's the new updated version of Virtual CD. This update brings Windows 10 compatibility with some fixes.
Virtual CD - Virtualize All of Your Optical Media. Virtualize your CDs, DVD, HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs and get the fastest possible access to your data, both locally and over the network. Virtual CD creates images of your optical media, so you can use them at any time without having the physical medium on hand.
You get maximum availability of your data, while lost, damaged and stolen media become a thing of the past. In addition to its numerous enhancements, the most striking feature of the latest Virtual CD release is the completely revised user interface.
Features of Virtual CD:
- No need to change discs manually
- Up to 23 media simultaneously accessible - unlimited number on the hard drive
- Faster launch and load times - up to 200 x CD speed
- Original media protected from loss and damage
- Conserves laptop battery power
- Ideal complement to netbooks and other subnotebooks without optical drives
- Simultaneous access, even in private networks
- Centralized media library
- Easy-to-use access controls for all media and users, including usage statistics (with VCD NMS)
- Fast and easy content serving over the entire network
- Optimized price structure compared to hardware-based solutions
- High scalability - up to several thousand users
- Easy to create individually adapted client setups that enable only specified features
- Microsoft Terminal and Multipoint Server support
- Provide CDs/Blu-ray Discs for each student quickly and easily
- Protect valuable original discs
- Enable simultaneous access to all CDs/Blu-rays throughout the school
- Maintain targetted control of access to virtual media
- Use profiles and groups for uncomplicated allocation of images
- Permit or prevent access to physical drives
What's new in Virtual CD 10.7.0.0:
- Virtual CD 10 compatibility for Windows 10.
- Incorrect calls of different URLs from the programs.
- Minor display problems.
- Various texts have been modified.
- Firstly, turn off your internet connection and start installation.
- Use the 1st key during installation when prompted. (Be careful with the spaces.)
- Don't launch it yet! Open advanced firewall settings.
( What I suggest is use an advanced firewall app to block multiple exes.)
- Most importantly, make sure you block the Start.exe, the main executable.
- Run the program and close it. Install retail update patch.
- Do not go online!