Ultra Fractal is the best tool to create fractal art. It is very easy to use and yet more powerful than any other fractal program.Get started quickly with the integrated tutorialsIt is easy and fun to start using Ultra Fractal with the built-in tutorials. Starting with the basics, you will soon learn how to create your own fractals, change the colors, add layers, use masks, and even create animations. You can also download the PDF manual to print the tutorials.
“ * What's new in version 5.02?
- Improved the behavior of the pop-up panel with Eyedropper and Explore buttons
that appears if you click in an input box. It now appears also when you click
again on the input box that was last active. Previously, you would need to
click on another input box, and then back, to reactivate the pop-up panel.
- The lines in the formula parameter lists in Layer Properties tool window that
show the hierarchical structure for formula plug-ins are now more clearly
- The Using images help topic has been rewritten to explain things more
clearly, and a new Combining fractals with images topic has been added that
show how to combine images with fractal structure.
- When saving a parameter set or a gradient, the browser now ensures that the
file extension is correct (either .upr or .ugr).
- Fixed window positioning problems (in particular when starting Ultra Fractal)
on multiple monitor systems.
- Fixed a crash that could in some cases occur when switching to the Mapping
tab with multiple layers selected.
- Fixed bug in the browser when generating thumbnails for large files that
could cause thumbnails in the list to overwrite each other.
- Fixed bug that caused an Index out of bounds error message when a formula
specified an out-of-range default value for an enumerated parameter.
- Fixed bug when inserting a new control point in the RGB/HSL bars in a
gradient with the color and opacity parts linked. Previously this would
incorrectly initialize the opacity of the new control point.
- Fixed bug that caused "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error
message when opening a new fractal window with Select mode active.
- Fixed possible crash in arbitrary precision mode with complex formulas that
- Fixed possible black strips in large (8000+ pixels wide) rendered images with
higher anti-aliasing depth settings on multi-core computers.
- Fixed various compiler bugs with classes that derive from a base class with a
- Fixed bug that caused a duplicated fractal window to incorrectly keep a link
to the parameter file associated with the original fractal window. This could
for example cause the wrong fractal window to be reverted when re-opening the
original parameter set.
- Fixed compiler bug that could cause a crash when a formula contains a
parameter or a constant expression as a statement (which should be ignored).
- Fixed bug that could cause the network server application to return an error
in some cases when used in combination with formulas that use classes.