TypeIt4Me expands your abbreviations as you type, and works in all applications, not just one. It also lets you define meaningful abbreviations, so you can type them naturally, as part of your writing, without memorizing – or reaching for – obscure ctrl-cmd-xyz combinations. Anytime you enter text in your Mac by typing it at the keyboard, TypeIt4Me can help you do it faster and more accurately. First you define a number of abbreviations and the full text entries that they represent, then you watch the Mac expand them on the fly even as you continue typing!
* Type a short abbreviation and have it expand to a word, a phrase, even several pages worth of text in the blink of an eye.
* Breeze through your email correspondence.
* TypeIt4Me puts all your boilerplate texts right at your fingertips. No fooling.
* TypeIt4Me can manage your passwords.
* Correct misspellings – with zero effort.
* And more...
New or changed features:
* Added Show Duplicates.
* Added warning when pasting clippings (cmd-v) would create duplicate(s).
* In Edit Clippings window, cmd-F now moves keyboard focus to search field, cmd-L to clippings list.
* Periodic file save now only happens if there are unsaved changes.
* The position of the vertical split bar in Edit Clippings window is saved and restored.
* added “ALMOST EQUAL TO” (Unicode 2248) to set of punctuation signs (“.,+-~/”) that can precede numerals in abbs that expand number+suffix combos.
* Users can now add more than one backspace symbols at the start of clippings.
* Added the following 3 options, each requested by a single user:
o defaults write com.typeit4me.TypeIt4MeMenu noFadeEffectOnMainWindow -bool YES
o defaults write com.typeit4me.TypeIt4MeMenu dontProposeContentsOfPasteboard -bool YES
o defaults write com.typeit4me.TypeIt4MeMenu AddCmdQ -bool YES
The above commands need to be typed in Terminal as there is currently no UI for them in the preferences.
* Fixed crashes when launching TypeIt4Me when its preferences file has become corrupted.
* Restored “Trigger on period(.) followed by another delimiter” functionality.
PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later.