Train Signal Training Videos and VMware ESX Server v3.5 | 946 Mb
Build the Foundation of a Responsive Data Center Create the foundation for building a dynamic, self-optimizing data center with VMware ESX Server. ESX Server abstracts processor, memory, storage and networking resources into multiple virtual machines, giving you greater hardware utilization and flexibility. Production-proven at thousands of customers of all sizes, ESX Server delivers the highest levels of performance, scalability and flexibility.
Start Achieving the Benefits of Virtualization
* ESX Server installs on the “bare metal” and allows multiple unmodified operating systems and their applications to run in virtual machines that share physical resources.
* Each virtual machine represents a complete system, with processors, memory, networking, storage and BIOS.
* Advanced resource allocation policies for virtual machines allow you to guarantee resources to even your most resource-intensive applications.
Benefits of Virtualization:
* Realize production server consolidation and containment by running software applications on fewer servers.
* Provide advanced business continuity protection at lower cost and deliver high availability for critical applications.
* Streamline software test and development by consolidating disparate development, testing, and staging environments with multiple operating systems on the same hardware.
* Re-host legacy applications on new hardware for improved reliability.
Leverage the Most Advanced Server, Storage and Networking Virtualization Platform. Improve service levels to even the most resource-intensive applications with advanced resource management, high availability and security features.
* Virtualize any environment, from the corporate data center to the branch office, with a compatibility list that includes more than 200 server and storage systems. Run unmodified Windows, Linux, Solaris, and NetWare operating systems in virtual machines.
* Leverage high performance shared storage for greater manageability, flexibility and availability with VMware VMFS.
* Run even the most resource intensive enterprise applications in virtual machines with expanded processor, memory and storage limits. Enable a single virtual machine to use up to four physical processors with VMware Virtual SMP.
* Optimize virtual machine resource allocation with minimum, maximum and proportional resource sharing for CPU, memory, disk and network bandwidth.
* Achieve data center-class high availability with shared storage, SAN transparency, built-in storage access multipathing and support for Microsoft Clustering Services.
* Enhance IT infrastructure security with LUN zoning and masking, VLAN traffic tagging and filtering, and enforcing security at the Ethernet layer.