Total Commander v7.55a Portable | 4.1 MB
Total Commander (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows similar to the Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a well-known file manager for DOS.Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
Total Commander (formerly know as Wincmd) is an file manager replacement for the Windows Explorer. This is the 32 bit version for Windows 95/98/ME and Windows NT/2000/XP. A 16 bit version is also available.
Total Commander handles archives like subdirectories. It supports ZIP/ARJ/LHA/RAR/UC2/TAR/GZ/CAB/ACE archives, and has an internal ZIP-compatible packer. The search function allows to search for files
inside archives, even for text.
A command line helps starting programs with parameters, and a fully configurable button bar allows to launch programs and internal commands. The built-in viewer can show files in text, hex, binary, image and multimedia format.
The 32 bit version supports Drag&Drop from and to explorer/desktop, delete to the recycle bin, and Explorer style context menus/property sheets. FTP servers on the Internet can be accessed like local drives.
A configurable directory hotlist (bookmarks) and history list make directory navigation easier.
The sync function allows to synchronize two complete directory trees, and the compare function shows the difference of two binary or text files highlighted side by side.
Here are some key features of "Total Commander":
· Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
· Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
· Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
· Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
· Configurable main menu.
· Built in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives! New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
· Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview
· HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.
· Parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection), works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!
· Thumnbails view shows preview images in file lists.
· Custom columns view allow to show additional file details.
· Total Commander comes in the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and now also Hebrew, Greek, Afrikaans, Catalan, Turkish and Ukrainian!
· The help is available in English, German and French
· Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting "full" directories).
· Compare files by content.
· Synchronize directories (with subdirs), or a directory with a ZIP file.
· Encode/Decode files in UUE, XXE and MIME format.
· Split/Combine big files.
· Search for duplicate files.
· Show/select files with specific search pattern, size, date or contents.
· Restore selection as it was before the last file operation (NUM /).
· Enhanced search function with full text search in any files across multiple drives, even inside archives.
· Multi-rename tool: Allows to rename multiple files in one step (Hotkey: Ctrl+M)
· Built-in FTP client supports most public FTP servers, and some mainframes
· FTP and WWW proxies for FTP connections; new also SOCKS4+5.
· FXP: Send files directly from one remote server to another.
· Resume aborted downloads.
· Add files to download list (through context menu) and download later.
· Download in the background (separate thread)
· Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, ace and uc2 are all supported.
· Built-in ZIP-compatible packer, supports long filenames! This packer is based on ZLIB by Info-Zip .
· Internal unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ,CAB, RAR and ACE formats.
· Additional packers can be added as plugins.
· Pack large archives in the background (separate thread).
· Copy files directly from one archive to another.
What's New in This Release:
* Use MLSD command for file listings in FTP function (better time resolution, time in UTC)
* Transfer files between two computers over a special USB cable -> supported cables
* Improvements to synchronize dirs function: Compare via plugins and FTP, options to skip hidden files and hard links, SITE UTIME in ftp sync
* Compare by content now shows different and changed lines with a slightly different background color (configurable via wincmd.ini)
* Unpack directory time stamps from archives
* Lister: Increased maximum line length to 1024 characters (Unicode: 512)
* Verify CRC checksums: Also support CRC files in UTF16 Unicode format
* Show Terminal Server and Win7 XP mode drives in drive dropdown list and drive buttonbar
* Ctrl+Shift+B and cm_DirBranchSel shows branch view of only the selected dirs+files
* F5 copy dialog: "Options" dialog extension can be pinned now to remain open
* Show progress dialog box when reading a directory takes longer than 5 seconds
* Create CRC checksums: support subdirectories (recursively), background button
* Handle dir space calculation in background (when user presses SPACE or Alt+Shift+Enter)
* File system plugins: Support background downloads and uploads (requires changes to plugin)
* Various new background operations: Unpack: RAR, TAR, packer plugins (needs modification), Pack: TAR, packer plugins
* Parallel port connection now also possible on Windows XP/Vista/7, 64 bit
OS: Windows All
Home Page -