Torchsoft Malware Defender v2.0.0 | 1.67 MB
Malware Defender - A HIPS with an advanced rootkit detector
Malware Defender is a HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) with low resource usage and latency. It is effective to protect your computer system from all forms of malware (viruses, worms, Trojans, adware, spyware, keyloggers, rootkits, etc.).
Malware Defender is also an advanced rootkit detector. It provides many useful tools that can be used to detect and remove already installed malware.
Whether you are an expert or not, Malware Defender is your choice to protect your system.
Realtime protection system
* Monitors process, file and registry activity for suspicious behavior.
* Detects all forms of malware, whether known or unknown.
* Supports learning mode and silent mode.
* High performance and low resource usage.
Process manager screen shot
* Detects hidden processes and threads.
* Detects unsigned processes and modules.
* Kills processes and threads using advanced method.
* Suspends/resumes processes and threads.
* Unloads modules of processes.
* Closes handles of processes.
Kernel module manager screen shot
* Detects hidden kernel modules and kernel threads.
* Detects unsigned kernel modules.
* Kills, suspends and resumes kernel threads.
* Kills kernel DPC (Deferred Procedure Call) timers.
Hooks detector screen shot
* Detects and removes system service table hooks (SSDT hooks).
* Detects and removes Win32k service table hooks (shadow SSDT hooks).
* Detects and removes interrupt descriptor table hooks (IDT hooks).
* Detects and removes SYSENTER handler hook.
* Detects and removes kernel object hooks.
* Detects and removes kernel notify routines.
* Detects and removes kernel mode code hooks.
* Detects and removes user mode code hooks.
* Detects and removes global message hooks.
* Detects attached devices.
* Detects hooked driver dispatch routines (IRP hooks).
Autostart application manager screen shot
* Scans all known autostart locations.
* Detects hidden autostart entries.
* Detects newly added autostart entries.
* Undoes and redoes deletion of autostart entries.
File explorer screen shot
* Detects hidden files and folders.
* Shows and deletes NTFS Alternate Data Streams (ADS).
* Deletes in-use files.
Registry editor screen shot
* Full functional registry editor.
* Detects hidden registry entries.
* Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4)
* Windows XP (32-bit)
* Windows 2003 (32-bit)
* Windows Vista (32-bit)
* Windows 2008 (32-bit)
Version 2.0.0 (January 16, 2009):
- Added network protection.
- Added network ports viewer.
- Added protection against killing processes by setting parent window.
- Added support for displaying command line of process in process manager.
- Added support for displaying the new time when prompting for the "set system time" action.
- Added support for displaying detailed tooltip when moving mouse to the first column in log window.
- Added support for changing all permissions of application rule by clicking one button.
- Added an option to force MD to use fixed driver name.
- Fixed a bug when handling registry value name which contains '\'.
- Fixed a display bug in Alert window.
- Changed not to log actions which are denied by ASK rules in silent mode. This will improve the performance when blocking massive actions.
- Minor improvements and fixes.