The Ultimate Troubleshooter 4.92 Database 29.10.2011 | 41.3 Mb
A staggering 65% of problems which a PC encounters (lockups, crashes, blue screens of death, computer is running slow, sluggish PC), whether in business or at home, are not caused by hardware problems, they are not caused by viruses, they are not caused by spyware — they are caused by background tasks belonging largely to legitimate and well-known software you use every day !
The average PC has 25 or more background tasks which do not need to be running, all sucking up processor time and memory resources. 25 or more !
For example : perhaps you have a laptop which works wirelessly in your home with no problems whatsoever. However, when you take it on your travels you are unable to connect to any wireless network. You’re frustrated, you’ve asked a friend to help, you’ve been to the PC repair store — and still no joy — you can use wireless only in your own home !! This is where The Ultimate Troubleshooter (TUT) comes in : load it, and immediately it identifies for you the background task which is causing this nightmare. And the irony : the wireless router installation CD sent to you by your Internet Service Provider installed that task, and, naturally, you never suspected it might be the cause of all your problems.
· Understand everything that is running on your PC in the background: who makes that program, what its purpose in life is, whether you need that program, whether you may need that program, or whether it is downright harmful.
· You will be able to do all this without endlessly going back and forth to our Task List pages all the information in our Task List pages, and 30% more, is within The Ultimate Troubleshooter, your own portable Task List reference.
· The Ultimate Troubleshooter will clearly highlight whether a particular background task is advertising software, or, worse, software that spies on your PC. Most importantly, The Ultimate Troubleshooter avoids speaking to you in technical jargon in favour of explaining things in Plain Language which both occasional users and professional users will understand.
· You should always use a good antivirus program on your PC. However, even if you do not, as an added bonus The Ultimate Troubleshooter will identify up to 60% of the most common viruses.
· The Ultimate Troubleshooter will tell you clearly what you should do if you do not need a particular background task, and, in most cases, you will be able to disable that task right there within The Ultimate Troubleshooter.
· And there is lots more: if there should be a task which The Ultimate Troubleshooter picks up but for which it has no reference material, it will tell you and you can in turn decide to let us know at a touch of a button, in the exact same manner that our own consultants do when at clients.
· Also, if you want to know what is in your PC, The Ultimate Troubleshooter will tell you everything you need to know about your PC : hard disk, memory, graphics card, modem, network card, motherboard, CPU, etc, etc...
· We have now added a Housekeeping module which performs most of the file system maintenance tasks outlined in our famous "Regular Housekeeping" document. This module will allow you, through a few simple mouse clicks, to unclog your PC of endless temporary files, of left-over data from your Internet sessions, of traces of the web pages you visited, and more, so that you can at all times run a mean and lean PC !
· Corporate and Professional network troubleshooters will also love what we know are the world's best PING, Trace Route, and WHOIS functions. For years we used third party programs for our network troubleshooting assignments but none had all the features we wanted in PING, Trace Route, and WHOIS modules, so we recently developed our own and included all the features we had wanted for so long, and the result is the best that can be found anywhere.
Changes in 4.92:
* Latest Tasks, Services, and Startups descriptions and recommendations. 6-March-2010. (132 new entries, 16 revised entries)
* Minor behaviour improvements under Windows 7
Home Page - http://www.answersthatwork.com/