The Panorama Factory v5.3 Build 2802 m32 Edition | 8.33 MB
The Panorama Factory creates high-quality panoramas from a set of overlapping digital images. You can add image hotspots, export to VR formats and create web pages that link your images into virtual tours. The software also corrects for lens-induced distortions and creates either cylindrical or spherical image projections. Additional features include onscreen zoom, support for digital SLRs, correction for barrel distortion, correction for brightness falloff and interactive controls.
Features and capabilities
The Panorama Factory provides a rich set of features:
Easy to use:
• Runs on Windows and Mac.
• A Wizard helps you create new stitching projects with just a few mouse clicks.
• Automatic detection of focal length.
• Detection of camera rotation and tilt.
• Easy rotation of imported images.
• Includes a library of over 800 digital camera models including digital SLRs.
• Available in Catalan, Chinese-Simplified†, Chinese-Traditional†, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese†, Norwegian-Bokmal (63%*), Polish, Russian, Slovak (81%*), Spanish (98%*), Turkish (24%*). Online help is "bilingual" (commands, buttons, etc. in the local language with explanations in English).
* Translation percent complete as of January 5, 2009. Other translations are 100% complete.
† Chinese and Japanese language translations require the x64, m32 or Mac Edition.
• Lets you save user preferences for all applicable dialogs.
Attention to image-quality issues:
• Includes automatic and manual "de-ghosting" tools.
• Automatically or manually correct barrel distortion and brightness falloff.
Support for immersive virtual reality:
• Output to QTVR, IVR, PTViewer or HTML image map format.
• Use hotspots to create virtual tours by hyperlinking from one VR image to another.
• Import existing VR images in order to edit and re-export them in other formats.
• Create web pages from pre-defined templates or templates you create yourself.
• Create thumbnail index web pages.
True full color support:
• Accepts 24-bit and 45-bit color images (15 bits each for red, green and blue).
• Supports color managed workflows including conversion to working color space.
• Reads and writes Windows BMP, JPEG, TIFF and PNG images.
• Exports to layered Photoshop image format.
• O ptionally maintains full 45-bit data until final image output at 24-bits.
• Can work from positive or negative images.
• Includes a convenient and intuitive color correction tool.
• FreewareTrims images from negative strips with a semi-automatic corner finding tool.
Fast, high-quality image processing engine:
• Focal-length refinement.
• Image overlap from 1-99%.
• Automatic image alignment with manual override.
• Bicubic image sampling is used to maintain image quality.
• Image rescaling with Lanczos2 filtering – perfect for creating thumbnail images.
• Multi-threaded execution on multi-processor systems, including multi-core systems (requires Windows XP, 2003 or Vista).
• 64-bit processor support (requires the x64 Edition of Windows XP, 2003, Vista or 7).
• Batch processing version available for bulk panorama renderings.
V5.3 release notes
1. A new edition, the Mac Leopard Edition is now available. The old Mac edition has been renamed the Mac Legacy Edition. It delivers improved stitching speed on multi-processor systems (including multi-core systems) by performing image computations in parallel. The new Mac Leopard Edition requires Mac OS X 10.5 or newer. If you are running OS X 10.3 or 10.4 you must use The Mac Legacy Edition.
2. Support for Windows Imaging Component (WIC) has been added to the m32 and x64 Editions. WIC supports a variety of image file formats, notably many camera RAW formats, through plug-ins that are available from camera manufacturers and third parties. We do not provide WIC plug-ins, but will take advantage of any WIC plug-ins that are installed on your computer. Image files formats that are available through WIC are automatically recognized by The Panorama Factory and are listed in the Files of type drop down list on the Import Images dialog box. For more information about WIC and for a list of available plug-ins, refer to “Windows Imaging Component” in Chapter 9, “Image file formats”.
3. 76 new cameras were added to the camera library in V5.3.2793 and 24 more in V5.3.2802.
4. The following trouble reports are corrected in V5.3.2793:
TR 1158 Meta keys (SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT, COMMAND) sometimes do not work on a secondary Mac keyboard
TR 1166 Abnormal termination using some non-Apple keyboards
TR 1486 Abnormal termination upon choosing the Crop command
5. V5.3.2800 corrects a bug that caused abnormal termination in the Leopard Edition on PowerPC when playing the alert sound.
6. V5.3.2800 corrects a bug that sometimes caused abnormal termination during fine tuning. This applies to all editions.
7. V5.3.2802 corrects a bug that sometimes caused abnormal termination in the Leopard Edition on Intel when using the mouse to move the Wizard panel.
8. V5.3.2802 corrects a bug that sometimes caused abnormal termination when creating polygon hotspots. This applies to all editions.
Homepage - http://www.panoramafactory.com/index.html