Text2Tape shines with the vastly improved voices found in Lion!
Text2Tape v2.1.0 MacOSX Retail-CORE
Text2Tape is an application that lets you record documents into audio files using the Mac's built in speech technology. Download thousands of free public domain books from Project Gutenberg and record them for playback! Record Web Pages saved as HTML or Webarchive! Record your Microsoft Word documents! Play them back on your Mac, or sync them to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad for on-the-go listening! The possibilities are endless!
• Text2Tape can batch record multiple supported documents in any combination.
• Supported document types include TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XML, HTML, ODT, and Webarchive.
• Each audio file will be named after the document that it was recorded from automatically.
• Audio files will be recorded in the voice that you have selected in the Speech Control Panel.
• Convenient button is provided for quick access the Speech Control Panel to make changes.
• Supported output audio formats are AAC and AIFF.
While AAC is preferred because of it's significantly smaller file size, some 3rd party voices may not support it. For that reason, AIFF is included as well.