OS X client updated to MP2 release (12.1.6465.6200). Windows and Linux clients have (12.1.6318.6100) MP1 now.
It's time to move beyond antivirus with layered protection at the endpoint. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 brings unrivaled security and blazing performance across physical and virtual systems and is equipped to protect the latest operating systems achieving maximum performance and advanced protection.
Symantec Insight technology reduces antivirus scans while SONAR stops cyber-criminals and zero-day attacks. Only Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 provides the security you need through a single, high-powered agent, for the fastest, most-effective protection available.
Support for the latest operating system Effectively protects your Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.
IPS & AV layered protection for Mac Provides unrivaled security with a single, high-powered agent that integrates both IPS and antivirus for Mac users.
Fast Path feature Allows you to identify critical events almost in real-time to create the fastest, most effective solution available.
Seamless console experience Eliminates confusion between Mac and Windows.
Unrivaled Security. Blazing Performance. Built for Virtual Environments.
Symantec Endpoint Protection is built on multiple layers of protection, including Symantec Insight and SONAR both of which provide protection against new and unknown threats. Built for virtual environments, it can integrate with VMware vShield Endpoint for dramatically improved performance. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 includes the latest features for improved security, performance and management.
Today's complicated threat landscape requires sophisticated protection from large-scale malware to the most targeted attacks. Only Symantec uses Insight, with the collective wisdom of 200+ million systems in over 200 countries to identify and create a security rating for every file accessed through the internet. This superior reputation technology is combined with network, behavior, file and repair layers of defense to provide unrivaled security against known, and unknown, threats.
In today's global business environment, every second counts. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 has replaced traditional scanning of every file with scan elimination and de-duplication through Virtual Image Exception and Shared Insight Cache, and access to the largest Global Intelligence Network to reduce scan times and provide the fastest performance available. Quite simply, files known to be good can be skipped, causing Endpoint Protection to scan faster and smarter.
Built for Virtual Environments
Symantec integrates with VMware vShield Endpoint and has been optimized to secure your high-density business critical environments with the effectiveness you need and the performance you demand.
Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows XP (32-bit, SP2 or later; 64-bit)
- Windows XP Embedded (SP2 or later)
- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Embedded
- Windows 8, 8.1 (x86 platforms, 32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit, 64-bit, R2, or SP1 or later)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit, 64-bit, including R2)
- Windows Server 2012 (32-bit, 64-bit, including R2)
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 (64-bit)
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008 (64-bit)
What's new in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6:
SEP 12.1 RU6 includes the additonal following support:
- The Symantec Endpoint Protection client adds support for Mac OS X 10.11
- Windows 10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.0 and 7.1
- Oracle Linux (OEL) 6U5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Mozila Firefox 11 through 38.0.11
- Google Chrome through 42.0.2311.152
- Install the unmanaged client (which is what you need for your desktop/workstation pc)
- Then you don't need to activate it.