Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery v8.5.6 (Update) | 75.8 MB
Backup Exec System Recovery 8 Desktop Edition is the gold standard in complete Windows system recovery that restores desktops/laptops in minutes, not hours or days, even to dissimilar hardware and virtual environments. Additional benefits include flexible off-site protection, integration with Symantec security and systems management solutions and centralized management to help simplify administration. Backup Exec System Recovery 8 now includes flexible offsite protection that enables administrators to automatically copy recovery points to a remote server using FTP or to an external hard drive or network share. A new Granular Restore Option enables organizations to recover Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders, messages, and attachments; individual Microsoft SharePoint documents; and individual files or folders in minutes from a single, multi-tab interface.
In addition, Backup Exec System Recovery 8 also includes integration with Symantec's ThreatCon global security alerting system to enable system recovery points to be captured immediately and automatically in the event of an elevated Internet ThreatCon level.Integration of Backup Exec System Recovery 8 with the Altiris management platform enables administrators to control backup tasks from a familiar interface and database framework. In addition, Backup Exec System Recovery 8 can now intelligently and uniquely communicate to external USB drives and run backup jobs to the given device, even if Windows changes the drive letter for the device.Also new with Backup Exec System Recovery 8 is logo-certified support for Windows Server 2008, including Restore Anyware technology for dissimilar hardware and physical-to-virtual restoration. Backup Exec System Recovery 8 leverages the power of virtualization for seamless physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) conversions to VMware® ESX Server, VMware Server, VMware Workstation and Microsoft Virtual Server disk formats.
- Recover complete Windows desktops or laptops in minutes to same hardware, dissimilar hardware or virtual environments with the Restore Anyware technology
- Create real-time, while-you-work recovery points of the entire system and save to any disk-storage device
- Enables offsite backup copy to an FTP location or secondary disk drive for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
- Search and retrieve files and folders in seconds via Google Desktop or Backup Exec Retrieve
- Rapid and reliable system recovery even from a bare-metal state, without the need to reinstall and reconfigure operating systems, applications, system settings, and preferences.
- Eliminate backup windows by capturing the entire live Windows system, without disrupting user productivity or application usage
- Simplifies and extends your data and disaster recovery capabilities
- Centrally manage backup and recovery tasks for multiple desktops/laptops across your entire organization (via Backup Exec System Recovery Manager)
Items fixed in BESR 8.5.6 are:
1> Garbled screen in Japanese BESR 8.5 SRD
2> Client job displays as 95% complete. Error E000406E:
3> BESR sits at calculating status indefinitely, due to the threatcon
4> Memory usage goes up for vprosvc.exe
5> P2V: Unable to convert large drives to VHD
6> BESR reports “blank” status when the schedule fails
7> High priority warnings that are logged when rebooting the system
8> Problem with "save backup files to a unique subfolder" option
9> E0BB00B2: 'The image file has already been opened' when browsing recovery points within the SRE
10> After installing SFW 5, BESR cannot see LUNs on Symmetrix SAN
Homepage - www.symantec.com