Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery v18.104.22.168843 // DVT
Backup Exec: Data backup and system protection and recovery for Windows
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8 is the gold standard in complete Windows system recovery with the ability to restore systems in minutes, not hours or days, even to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments. It features flexible offsite protection and enhanced recovery capabilities, integration with Symantec security and systems management solutions, and support for Windows Server 2008.
* Dissimilar hardware restoration with Restore Anyware technology
* Comprehensive virtual conversion capabilities directly to VMDK or VHD files
* Offsite backup copy to FTP location or secondary disk drive for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
* Granular recovery of Exchange, SharePoint or files and folders from a single, multi-tab interface (via the Granular Restore Option)
* Easily meet strict recovery time objectives (RTOs) by recovering complete systems in minutes, even from a bare-metal state
* Eliminate backup windows by capturing the entire live Windows system, without disrupting user productivity or application usage
* Innovative multi-product integration with market-leading technologies including Symantec ThreatCon and Altiris Notification Server
* Centrally manage backup and recovery tasks for multiple servers across your entire organization (via Backup Exec System Recovery Manager)
Operating Systems Supported
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems:
* Windows Server 2008
* Windows Server 2003
* Windows 2000 Server (SP4 or later)
* Windows 2000 Advanced Server (SP4 or later)
* 233 MHz or greater, as required by the operating system
Innovative technologies in Backup Exec System Recovery enable you to recover complete Windows systems in minutes, not hours or days, making Backup Exec System Recovery the gold standard in complete Windows system recovery.
Offsite Backup Copy
Automatically copy recovery points (backups) to a remote server using FTP or to an external hard drive or network share to enhance your disaster recovery efforts.
Symantec ThreatCon Integration
Easily configure Backup Exec System Recovery to automatically run a backup when the Symantec ThreatCon level reaches or exceeds the level specified. This feature ties directly into Symantec's global DeepSite ThreatCon infrastructure.
Granular Recovery of Exchange, SharePoint and Other Individual Files and Folders
Backup Exec System Recovery 8 Server Edition delivers many data recovery capabilities, simplifying the recovery of Exchange, SharePoint, as well as individual files and folders.
* Recovers individual Exchange emails, SharePoint documents or files and folders from a single interface with the Granular Restore Option (requires additional purchase)
* Recovers individual files and folders in seconds via the Granular Restore Option or through independent file/folder backup capabilities
* Enables end-user recovery of files and folders via Google Desktop or Backup Exec Retrieve using a common web-browser interface for fast and simple recovery, without IT intervention
Microsoft Server 2008 Support
Support for Microsoft's latest Server Operating System, including Restore Anyware technology for dissimilar hardware and P2V restoration.
USB Drive Identification
Backup Exec System Recovery intelligently and uniquely communicates to USB drives, running backup jobs to the given device even if the drive letter changes.
Multi-TB Recovery Points
Create Recovery Points for volumes up to 16 TBs in size.
Integration with Altiris Notification Server 6.5
Manage system backup tasks directly in Altiris Notification Server 6.5 using Backup Exec System Recovery Integration Component for Altiris.
Continued Support for Dissimilar Hardware Restoration with Restore Anyware
Rapid recovery of entire systems to dissimilar hardware breaks the barrier of incompatible storage controllers and hardware abstraction layers, thereby reducing recovery times and saving significant hardware investments. Combines hot-imaging with the ability to restore to different hardware platforms on the fly.
* NIC driver retargeting supports hardware-independent NIC drivers
* Perform complete hardware migrations with ease using Restore Anyware
Continued Virtual Support
Leverages the power of virtualization, enabling seamless physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) conversions for VMware ESX Server, VMware Server (formerly GSX Server), VMware Workstation, and Microsoft Virtual Server disk formats. Convert entire systems at once or select volumes at a time.
* Easy-to-use, intuitive virtual conversion wizard allows for quick conversion directly to VMDK or VHD files
* Perform preflight testing of patches, installations, etc. in the virtual environment before applying changes to production systems
Customizable Symantec Recovery Disk
Simplifies and speeds system recovery by allowing IT administrators to build their own recovery environment with drivers unique to their hardware needs. It automatically harvests system drivers from the system on which the customizable SRD is being created. It also allows for manual inclusion of additional 3rd party drivers with the ability to burn to CD or .iso format.
Easy Remote System Recovery
Easily restores servers in remote, unattended or distributed locations from a desktop, laptop or Pocket PC using LightsOut Restore functionality. If a server must be recovered from bare metal, you can reboot the server remotely using the baseboard management controller and then accessing the Symantec Recovery Disk stored on the system hard drive to perform a full system restore using the built-in pcAnywhere host for connectivity.
Customizable Event Driven Recovery Points
Allows users to specify executable(s) or .com files for which recovery points should be triggered. Users can also select to automatically capture recovery points prior to application installation, user logon or logoff, and configurable storage utilization changes.
(Size: 161.65 MB)
(Size: 161.65 MB)