Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter is the full stand-alone follow-up to the hit 4X-styled Sword of the Stars franchise. The continuing storyline will reveal the dark secrets of the ancient force responsible for tampering with the races in the original Sword of the Stars. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter will be a major step forward in 4X gameplay, taking the easy-to-learn-but-hard-to-master philosophy set out in SotS1 and following that path to a new standard in space strategy games.
Update: Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 1-SKIDROW
Update: Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 2-SKIDROW
Update: Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 3-SKIDROW
Raise shields, arm the phaser banks and plot a course to victory in Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, the new science fiction empire building game from Kerberos Productions and Paradox Interactive. Sword of the Stars II is the sequel to the cult strategy favorite Sword of the Stars and continues the franchise emphasis on meaningful strategic choices, thrilling space combat and galactic conquest in a universe rich with personality and history.
The races from the first game have now established themselves in small empires in the stars, but new challenges and new technologies await, as does an ancient enemy from the past that you can call on to buttress your alliance -- if you dare.
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter has an entirely new graphics engine to make its real time space combat come alive. Navigate your fleet in battle in a 3D environment that lets you target your enemy's weak spots, dealing crippling blows with carefully prototyped standard vessels or massive starships.
The strategic layer adds provincial management to help you keep an eye on the big picture as your empire grows. Your civilization develops with you, and the choices you make will determine what kind of government your citizens live under. The tech tree you can research is never exactly the same from game to game, ensuring tons of replayability even on identical maps.
Kerberos has always been dedicated to the Sword of the Stars II community, so sign up and do battle with other players in multiplayer games that cross time and space. Uncover the mysteries of the stars, settle new colonies in your rivals' systems, blow their cruisers out of the sky. Or make peace with them and face the dangerous Suul'ka together.
The choices are yours.
Lead one of six playable factions, including a completely new one, as you strive for galactic dominance
Unravel highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts, and different space terrain
Experience the new graphics engine
Choose between entirely new vessels, or build your own with new levels of ship detail, including specific sub-systems, allowing for new fleet strategies and tactics
Explore an advanced technology system as the game begins in the Fusion era and moves beyond the Anti-matter era
Randomizing options in technology removes the unavoidable “optimal path” making the game more replayable
Command your empire by exploring new solar systems, improving diplomatic relations or destroying a race
Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
OS: Windows Vista 32-bit
Processor: Core2 Duo or equivalent
Memory: 2-GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2-GB free space
Video Card: 512-MB DirectX 10
Sound: Any Windows Vista compatible sound device, stereo speakers or head phones
DirectX®: February 2010 or newer (DX10)
1. Unpack the release
2. Mount or burn image
4. Play the game
5. Support the companies, which software you actually enjoy
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter Update 1 info:
- This is the build that was intended to go out this morning.
- A large part of the update is DLC content that is now active.
1. Unpack release
2. Run Sword.of.the.Stars.II.Lords.of.Winter.Update.1.exe
4. Play the game
Update 2 info:
You need to install our Update 1 patch first, before applying update 2
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter Update 3 info:
Additions and Improvements:
- A new badge has been added for all factions.
- The game will now start in native 64-bit mode on operating systems that support it.
- Added 15 new entries to the encyclopedia.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
*** This update will break save games due to changes to special encounter implementation. ***
- Fixed a divide by zero crash that could occur when the game tried to trigger a rebellion on a planet with 0 civilian population.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the multi-player lobby.
- Fixed issues where the game would hang on end turn when resolving AI versus AI combat.
- Fixed issues where concurrent combat scheduling could cause game turns to hang.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when a player attempted to save between turns.
- Fixed an intermittent crash that could occur during combat.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when committing an intercept mission.
- Fixed encyclopedia content appearing in the wrong locations.
- Fixed issues where user interface would be unreadable when starting a game window larger than the desktop resolution.
- Added more tool tips to the game lobby.
- Added more tool tips to the colony information widget.
- Added more tool tips to the build screen.
- Added more tool tips to the certain pop-ups and to the station placement screen.
- Fixed a few outstanding localized text issues, including three descriptions in the tech tree;
Heavy Fission Cannon
Assimilation Plague Cure.
- Re-balanced Police Cutters and some menaces.
- Made improvements to Swarm Hiver, Larva and Queen art.
- Fixed issues where the game window could shrink below the minimum 1024x720 resolution.
- Fixed issue where minimizing the game window could cause it to go full screen instead.
- Fixed an issue where Suul'ka could become available to non-Horde Zuul players via Diplomatic Stations.
- Suul'ka arrival after building a Tribute station is now delayed by at least a turn.
- Fixed a bug with post encounter dialog where list selections were getting mixed up.
- Fixed a miscolored element of the fleet widget items.
- Fixed some underlying UI layout bugs.
- Fixed a bug where Gate Amplifiers would not show up in the station module list. This was preventing the upgrade of Gate stations.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing built modules to be re-queued.
- Fixed art issues with Tarkasian Dreadnought GOOP and Heavy Beam modules.
- Fixed outstanding art issues with Human Supply Transports, Naval Outposts and Polic Cutters.
- Fixed an issue where AI controlled agents running at accelerated time in simulated combat were not doing enough damage to each other.
Download FileSword.of.the.Stars.II.Lords.of.Winter-SKIDROW (single link iso)
Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 1-SKIDROW
Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 2-SKIDROW
Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter Update 3-SKIDROW