The Visual Weather Report
includes all of the capabilities of swackett® (the #1 weather app for the Mac in 67 countries, with more than 1 million users worldwide and over 2,500 5-star ratings) plus some very special Xtras (listed below).
swackett® is a whole new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, swackett® peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett® peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett® peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Built in PeepCast Radio
swackett® is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
Don't need all the Xtras? Please see swackett®, available for free (supported via Smart Ads).
swackett X includes all of the capabilities of swackett®, plus some very special Xtras:
• Completely Ad-Free.
• Select Animated Peeps (rain, snow, and wind plus lots of extra surprises).
• Select Interactive Peeps (clickable peeps with extra content).
• This Day in Weather History: Interesting weather-related historical facts and images.
• Flickr Integration: The most interesting or most recent photographs near your locations can now appear with your weather reports.
• Current Conditions Windows: Shows current weather conditions for all of your locations at a glance (summary and detail views).
• The swackett Weather Menu: Shows the current temperature in the menu bar with easy access to highs and lows for the next 7 days.
• Longer Radar Animations: 3-hour radar loops (where available).
• Watches and Warnings Count: Now available in the Dock.
An in-depth feature comparison is available at www.swackett.com/the411
OS X Lion Support
Swackett X version 1.3 contains full support for core Mac OS X Lion technologies, including:
• Multi-Touch Gestures: You can now swipe peeps, timelines, radars and extras.
• Full-Screen Mode: For the first time ever you can now view all swackett information on a single screen (provided your screen is big enough).
What's New in Version 1.5
• On OS X Lion the hourly timeline is now swipeable, showing a full 24 hours
• Support for sharing weather reports and peeps to Twitter and Facebook.
• Added a Holiday Edition with built-in "PeepCast Radio" that plays great holiday music through January 6th
• Refinements to full-screen mode (requires OS X Lion) for really big monitors
• Numerous bug fixes and performance refinements