New Features In Version 5 For Mac
* Run Jobs In Parallel and In Background: The Scheduler can now run several jobs simultaneously. By right-clicking one or more profiles, you can run them in the background and in parallel.
* Create 100% identical bootable copies: Version 5 can now create 100% identical, bootable copies of system volumes. To achieve this, it now copies several specialty items of the Macintosh file systems that were ignored by version 4. In particular, it now copies Extended Attributes, hard links, BSD flags, ACLs, Finder Info for folders, and other items. To compare existing backups in terms of these special items, use the following new checkmarks on the tab sheet Comparison->More: Compare Attributes, With Extended Attributes, Compare Permissions, With ACLs, Enforce Hard Links.
The program must be "Run as root" to achieve 100% identical copies.
* Passes the enhanced "Backup Bouncer" test
by Nathanial Gray and Mike Bombich: see the Verification Results.
* Background Scheduler Icon: The Background Scheduler now has an icon with menu in the info area (top right of menu bar).
* GUI Improvements including proportional scroll bars, mouse wheel support, mouse pointer and dialog positioning fixes.
* Many Other New Features: see the common version history for the Mac and Windows versions.