StrongDC++ is a client for sharing files in Direct Connect network by using NMDC and ADC protocols. It is modification of program DC++ and it brings many news and features from other modification. Since DC++ is developed under GNU/GPL, you can download source and modify it.
Main benefits of StrongDC++ * Safe segmented downloading Download one file from more users simultaneously without corruption! This way of downloading dramatically improves download speed, especially for fast connections, and it's safer than classical downloading. Segment position ans size are decided by file size and chunks speed.
* Connection between passive users It allows connection between 2 passive users by using NAT Traversal technique which means that you can download from all users when in passive mode.
* Encryption Allows encrypting of transferred data or server communication. It increases user's security and prevents from limitations by your internet provider.
* Partial file sharing Allows downloading and uploading parts of file which is being currently downloaded by you or other users. This increases download speed and file expanding over network.
* DHT Search engine A hub independent and more effective Kademlia-like search engine. Publish users' files outside of hub, so they can be found when you are not present in same hubs.
* Download/Upload speed limiter Avoids a full line usage and leaves some speed for web browsing. Realise, that download speed limit is dependent on upload speed limit which is dependent on amount of opened slots/hubs.
* Automatic slow downloads disconnecting Disconnects sources who speed is under certain value for certain time. If download speed during segmented downloading goes too low, the source is disconnected regardless the set value to avoid unnecessary slot usage.
* Customization You can set sounds according to situation, change color scheme or icons, show popup balloons, see emoticons and many more...