Statics and Dynamics Demystified
McGraw-Hill Professional | 2006 | ISBN: 0071478833 | PDF | 212 pages | 5,31 MB
DISCOVER STATICS and DYNAMICS -- WITHOUT getting HIT by an APPLE
Discover how forces affect objects at rest or in motion -- even if you don't have formal training, unlimited time, or a Newtonian IQ. Statics and Dynamics Demystified offers an effective, enlightening, and entertaining way to learn this essential engineering topic.
After a review of vector calculus, this book covers forces, gravity, moment of inertia, and friction. Then, you'll study dynamics, beginning with the basic kinematics of particles. After a detailed look at Newton's second law, you'll examine rotation and circular motion, energy, work and power, and waves and vibrational motion. The book concludes with an introduction to LaGrangian and Hamiltonian methods.
This self-teaching guide gives you:
* A fast and easy way to understand statics and dynamics
* Hundreds of worked examples with solutions
* A quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
* A final exam at the end of the book
* No unnecessary technical jargon
* A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Statics and Dynamics Demystified is your shortcut to mastering this complex subject.