The latest update of Stardock Start8, the great way to bring start menu back to Windows 8. Start8 returns the same Windows 7-style Start menu you have depended upon, while adding enhancements just for Windows 8.
What's new in 1.20:
- Updated for Windows 8.1 Preview build compatibility
- Start8 allows customizing the Start button image AND provides a desktop Start menu
- Added new prompt on first run to select a default button image. Upgrade installs will not see this prompt.
- When running on Windows 8.1 Preview, respect the OS configuration for "boot to desktop"
- When used with Stardock WindowBlinds, you can also override the Start button in use with the WB setting for "always use the OS" button
- Options for showing the Windows 8.1 Start screen in other than full-screen mode are disabled in this version of Start8
1. Install Start8 and copy patch to folder where Start8 is installed.
2. Open Windows Search and search for services.msc
3. Stop the Startdock Start8 service, change its startup mode to 'Disabled'.
4. Log out of the Windows and re-log in, then run the Patch and click the 'Patch' button.
5. Start back the service, change the startup mode to "Automatic" again and log out and re-log in once again.
Stardock Start8 v1.20 Windows 8
Download from Extabit - Uploaded - RapidGator