The latest update of Stardock Start8, the great way to bring start menu back to Windows 8. Start8 returns the same Windows 7-style Start menu you have depended upon, while adding enhancements just for Windows 8.
Changelog in v1.12:
· Added support for bmp start buttons with alpha channels
· Fix for a possible crash while searching
· Fix for frequently used apps list not filtering out some pinned taskbar items
· Assorted tweaks and performance improvements
1. Install Start8 and copy patch to folder where Start8 is installed.
2. Open Windows Search and search for services.msc
3. Stop the Startdock Start8 service, change its startup mode to 'Disabled'.
4. Log out of the Windows and re-log in, then run the Patch and click the 'Patch' button.
5. Start back the service, change the startup mode to "Automatic" again and log out and re-log in once again.