At its core, Space Pirates and Zombies is an action based, skill oriented, top down space combat game. It’s similar to the ones we knew and loved in years past, but now using full physics simulation and modern graphics for those oh so pretty explosions. But as you dig deeper, SPAZ becomes much more.
Instead of flying a single ship, you are in charge of an ever growing and evolving fleet, unlocking the rich tactical elements of SPAZ, all accessed at the touch of a button. Issue orders, change ships, apply fleet AI settings, all on the fly. At any moment the battle can change, and the Tactics Panel gives you the tools to make the battle turn in your favor.
As a layer on top of the action and tactics, we have a detailed technology and levelup system akin to what you would expect from an RPG. Learn to build new ships by destroying your enemies. Explore the galaxy to find components, use your hard earned research points to unlock their potential, and then customize every aspect of your new fleet.
Finally, there is the universe in which all this strife and adventure takes place. SPAZ features a persistent randomly generated Galaxy populated with story elements, factions, enemies, missions, items, to provide you with a unique experience each time you play. While you are struggling to survive, uncover the secret of an ever expanding Zombie infestation that spreads by establishing its own real time multi-tiered ecosystem.
• 33 ships to research, build, outfit and pilot.
• 70 unique components to discover and customize your fleet’s performance.
• Totally physics based combat system.
• Fight Zombie infestations, battling a full zombie ecosystem comprising four stages of un-life.
• Explore a persistent randomly generated galaxy containing hundreds of star systems.
• Freedom to explore the galaxy and take on challenges at your own pace.
• Aid, flee, or exploit the warring factions in each star system.
• The unique event system lets the player change the balance of power in any star system.
• Carefully spend your hard earned research points on hundreds of upgrades across 15 categories.
- Added tutorial skipper
- Added cloning system
- Added update checker
- Added in game upcoming feature list
- Added respec
- Added difficulty levels
- Added specialists
- Added stored designs for each hangar for easy switching
- Added a reset design button to reset the design to the current ship
- Added ships have a sense of self preservation (avoid exploding ships, if it will do major harm)
- Added cloaking stealth damage 1.5x + specialist and research boosts.
- Added Surplus cloaking device.
- Added zombie killers have shields
- Added zombie killers have armor
- Added on killer conversion shields and armor gone but will repair
- Added an extra set of 3 intro stars to make game start more sane
- Added critters damage shields armor and hull over time, progressively
- Added level down difficulty option (one way only)
- Added option to turn off auto pause on lose focus
- Added goon pods.
- Changed doubled critter shield damage.
- Changed higher critter health
- Changed smoother critter spawning
- Changed cull extra effects when frame rate is low.
- Changed critter updates optimized
- Changed self destructing ships cut their engines to drift into targets
- Changed zombie ships cannot spawn eggs for 5 seconds after birth.
- Changed ruptured eggs cause greater damage to the spawned ship.
- Changed rammed zombie critters do double damage but go splat
- Changed armor must be < 25% for critters to invade
- Changed hull must be < 50% for critters to invade.
- Changed zombie ship repair rate lowered
- Changed doubled boarding combat speed
- Changed zombies will not fire on infected ships.
- Changed zombie tech level scales with the progress toward the final battle. instead of being locked at 90
- Changed increased data cube lifetime
- Changed mass bombs inherit ship velocity
- Changed mass bombs now explode to drop a gravity well (does not effect allies)
- Changed mass bomb flight time effects grav well radius.
- Changed research damagestrength effects wisp damage too
- Changed research damagestrength also effects strength of gravity well.
- Changed mass bombs impact with high projectile damage
- Changed hunter srms are do ion damage but can hunt cloakers too (ion damage trippled)
- Changed lowered SRM count. spamming was overpowered. (also cpu pig)
- Changed launcher boosters from 25% bonus to 20% bonus to reload speed.
- Changed slight increase to missile reload times
- Changed slight increase in power consume for missiles
- Changed escorted ships get much less angry from friendly fire.
- Changed mass bombs no longer player pilotable. fire like torps now
- Changed upped mission counts in general and made metagame changers more common
- Changed lowered spread on scatter and particle cannons
- Changed drone bombers do high explosive damage
- Changed increase to disruptor cannon damage and speed
- Changed particle cannons, shoot 2x as fast as disruptors, do universal damage, shorter range than cannons, more power effieient shoot 6 shots at a time
- Changed scatter cannons longer range and do ion damage.
- Changed tractor beams work while cloaked
- Changed Auto target and first press of prev or next target target closest to reticule
- Changed targeting system will target the ship under the reticule on prev or next target pressed, always
- Changed inertial engines upgraded. Better top speed and acceleration. Very nice engine now.
- Changed removed inertial engines ambient damping
- Changed ai avoids wisps dropped by mass bombs
- Changed leech beams 40% weaker.
- Changed +50% goons cap, 20% default goons
- Changed more turns between zombie attacks
- Changed leech beams effect zombie killers but not breeders
- Changed ion damage effects zombie killers but not breeders
- Changed dont allow zombie ships to shoot crew pods
- Changed turret firing mode made global and saved
- Changed collection mode made global and saved
- Changed request crew hotkey added (M)
- Changed lots of upgrades for mines. beware.
- Changed AI better at deploying minefields.
- Changed mine droppers cloak disrupts when they lay a mine
- Fixed ai should not attack spaced goons anymore
- Fixed Cloaking booster hooked up properly
- Fixed repaired ships inheriting current design instead of just fixing current ship
• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9c
• 2.5 GHz
• 1 GB RAM