Custom firmware for your beloved Playstation 3.
SONY PLAYSTATION 3 CUSTOM 3.55 FIRMWARE-UNiQUE
1. Copy the contents of the Original Firmware folder onto a usbstick.
2. Update the console to 3.55.
NOTE: If you get a error saying that your already at the latest update and it kicks you out, then you need to update your PS3 CFW via RECOVERY mode:
a. Turn off Playstation 3.
b. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
c. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps.
d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button.
f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
3. When completed reconnect the usbstick to the computer and delete the content on the usbstick .
4. Copy the contents of the Patched Firmware folder onto the usbstick.
5. Update the console again (this time it should find 3.55-kmeaw).
6. Install lv2.pkg (located under pkg files) via PKG option in XMB.
7. Install Rogero manager v7.8 backup manager (located under pkg files).
8. Some notes on backup managers - you must have any original PS3 game inside and you must boot from XMB.