Skype 22.214.171.124 / Skype 126.96.36.199 | 19.7 MB
With Skype you can make free calls over the internet to other people on Skype for as long as you like, to wherever you like.
It's important to stay together.
Free calls, video calls and instant messaging over the internet. Plus great value calls to phones anywhere in the world.
Skype is the next phenomenon from the people who brought you KaZaA. Just like KaZaA, Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you to other users – not to share files this time, but to talk and chat with your friends. The technology is extremely advanced – but super simple to use... You’ll be making free phone calls to your friends in no time!
Skype was founded in 2003 by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis. Skype created a little piece of software that makes communicating with people around the world easy and fun. With Skype you can say hello or share a laugh with anyone, anywhere. And if both of you are on Skype, it’s free.
Skype is available in 28 languages and is used in almost every country around the world. Skype generates revenue through its premium offerings such as making and receiving calls to and from landline and mobile phones, as well as voicemail and call forwarding. Skype, based in Luxembourg, has relationships with a growing network of hardware and software providers and is an eBay company.
• Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world
• Skype video (webcam), see who you are talking to with free video calls
• Chat with up to 100 people in group chats
• Conference call with up to four people for free
• Call ordinary phones with SkypeOut
• Superior sound quality – better than your regular phone
• Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” for superior privacy
• Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
• Works with all firewall, NAT and routers – nothing to configure!
• Super-simple and easy to use
• Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid In order to use Skype for Windows software, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements:
• PC running Windows 2000 or XP
• 400 MHz processor
• 128 MB RAM
• 15 MB free disk space on your hard drive
• Sound Card, speakers and microphone
• Internet Connection (either dial-up: minimum 33.6 Kbps modem, or any broadband: cable, DSL, etc.)
# System requirements
# PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
# Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
# Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
# For voice and video calls we recommend a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
# For High Quality Video calls you will need a high quality video webcam and software, a dual-core processor computer and a fast broadband connection (384 kbps).
Homepage - http://www.skype.com