the fifth offering in the award winning Civilization IV series for the Macintosh. A re-imagining of the classic Colonization strategy game Sid Meier created in 1994, this provides a new game experience in which you lead a European nation on a quest to colonize the thrive in the New World. Explore, trade, fight, and guide your people from the oppressive motherland. Ultimately you can battle for your freedom and independence!
* Classic Game Design - The strategy classic is rebuilt with beautifully improved visuals, while retaining the famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier games. .
* Establish a New Nation - Play as the English, Spanish, French or Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland. .
* Detailed Tutorial - Enhanced tutorial helps both fans of Colonization and new players on your way to ruling the New World. .
* Multiplayer Offers Tons of Replay - Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit
support.aspyr.com. Our team of Customer Support Wonderkids are happy and eager to help.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo / 1.83 GHz CPU Speed / 1 GB RAM / 1 GB free disk space / 128 MB (VRAM)/ Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600 / Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8600
Supported video cards:
ATI RADEON X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750; NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M
NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported.
NOTICE: Apple original CPUs only, CPU upgrades not supported.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS
Extended (Case Sensitive)
What's New in Version 3.18
How we're making Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization even better
- Fix a crash unique to the Intel HD3000 GPU