Shira Oka: Second Chances is an anime-themed, single-player computer game under development by Okashi Studios.
Ever wonder how things might be different, if you could go back in time and re-live your past? The main character of Shira Oka: Second Chances is given that chance to find out. Will he get his act together, and become the person he always wanted to be? Will he pass all his classes with flying colors? Will he fall in love with the girl of his dreams? Or will he end up sad and lonely once again?
His fate is in your hands. You control how he spends his time, who he becomes friends with, and who he falls in love with... if anyone. But no matter what choices you make, get ready for a roleplaying experience unlike any other.
• 40+ hours of gameplay, 10 unique endings. Numerous items unlocked throughout the course of the game, including multimedia and cultural tidbits.
• Uses traditional hand-drawn anime artwork with animated character movements and lipsync.
• Tracks player progress through a detailed experience system with stats and "quirks."
• Contains 70+ fullscreen location backgrounds, 100+ cutscene stills, 50+ activity animations (each with different outcomes), and 20+ fullscreen videos.
• All original theme music and soundtrack of professionally recorded, full-length songs.
• Voice recording produced by NYAV Post (led by Michael Sinterniklaas and Stephanie Sheh), and features an all-star voice talent cast.
- Fixed a bug where after having met Yui, if you call her up before having met Naoko, Yui will think you've never met before.
- Fixed a wording bug that can happen during Hiroshi's bee sting event chain.
- Fixed some minor typos.
- Fixed a bug where if you do great during the ballroom dancing activity sequence, the ballroom dancing activity is not removed.
- Fixed a bug in Kiku's Ballroom Dancing event where a wrong value was being used when deciding whether Kiku asks for your help.
- Added an alternate dialogue exchange between Kiku and Hiroshi depending on when the event takes place.
- Slightly increased progress gain in ballroom dancing activity.
- Increased chances of having an encounter with someone while free-roaming during the weekends.
- Increased chance of having a date request accepted if Player has a high popularity score.
- Slightly lowered the thresholds necessary to obtaining A and A+ grades.
- A+ grades will please Satsuko more at later cycles.
- Satsuko is now a bit more lenient with your grades and will wait a bit longer for better grades before ending the cycle and sending you back.
- Asking Satsuko for advice on your grades will now generate a more accurate report on your standings.
- Fixed a bug in Alice amusement park date in which a dialogue exchange was not being skipped properly.
- Stat check in Wisdom Tooth random event have been lowered.
• Windows XP/Vista/7
• 1 GHz
• 1 GB RAM