Serv-U File Server 10.4.0.0 | 16 Mb
Serv-U is a powerful, easy-to-use, award-winning FTP server created by Rob Beckers. An FTP server uses the FTP protocol to share files across the Internet. Serv-U is not only 100% compliant with the current FTP standard, but also includes numerous features unique to Serv-U that make it a perfect file sharing solution for virtually everyone. Serv-U features an open architecture that makes it very easy to extend, monitor, and change the server behavior with external DLLs. Regardless of the purpose behind your FTP server, everyone will benefit from the numerous security features Serv-U incorporates.
Flexible FTP server (or Daemon) for all 32-bit versions of MS-Windows (Windows 2000 (Advanced) Server, 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home / Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista). It turns any PC with a network connection into an FTP site on the Internet. Serv-U makes a vast array of features available to the user that ensures the administrator has full control over their FTP server.
Serv-U offers the following:
• Easy to set up and use.
• A Windows standard, with over 50000 registered users!
• Support for Secure-FTP through SSL/TLS.
• Support for ODBC databases for accounts.
• Lots of security through passwords, read/write/append/modify rights per directory or file for each user (including Anonymous), and access restrictions based on IP address.
• Fast and rock solid!
• Multiple ‘virtual’ FTP servers can be set up on a single instance of Serv-U.
• Server can be administered remotely.
• Supports S/KEY one-time passwords.
• Support for temporary accounts that are automatically deleted upon expiration.
• Support for UL/DL ratios, disk quota limitations, network bandwidth limiting, and automatic anti-anti-time-out plus anti-hammering measures.
• Full UNC path support.
• Support for virtual paths. Directories or drives can be mapped to any location in a user’s directory structure.
• Support for ‘links’ such as those used in UNIX.
• Full support for all ‘ls’ directory listing options.
• Support for messages to users, or from users to the server.
• Users can be put into groups for easy maintenance of large numbers.
• A complete implementation of the FTP standard in RFC959, RFC1123, RFC1760, RFC2228, RFC2246, RFC2289, RFC2389 and the Secure-FTP draft.
• Supports resuming of file uploads and downloads.
• Configurable messages for sign-on, sign-off, login, and directory changes.
• Has time-out and time-limit features, so connections are automatically
cleared when idle, hung, or connected too long.
• Easy to setup and maintain through a separate administrator program. For automated maintenance the settings are stored in either an .INI file, registry, or ODBC database of simple format.
• Has an open architecture which makes monitoring, changing and extending the server behavior possible through external DLLs.
• Logs all transactions to file and screen that can be read by other applications. Includes unique session IDs, time, and date stamps.
Serv-U Corporate addresses the need for a business-class FTP server with no limitations and the ability to grow with your business.
With this in mind, Serv-U Corporate allows the following:
• ODBC database support
• Integrated SSL Support
• Unlimited domains with an unlimited number of concurrent connections
• Unlimited number of user accounts
• Support for directory mapping and links
• Support of UL/DL ratios and quotas
• Support for remote administration
• Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory Support
Home Page - http://www.serv-u.com/