Sandboxie 3.45.19 Beta (x86/x64) | 1.56 Mb
Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox-based isolation program developed by Ronen Tzur, for 32-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer. When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations. Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
• Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
• Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation, so when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
• Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
• Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
• Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
• Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Translations: The following languages can be selected during installation: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
Changes in Version 3.44, Released on 3 February 2010:
* Full support for 64-bit Windows.
o Single installation EXE contains both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Sandboxie.
* Improved Disable Forced Programs mode.
o Hold Ctrl+Shift while invoking the right-click Run Sandboxed command on a program that is forced, to run the program outside the supervision of Sandboxie.
o When Disable Forced Programs is used to start some forced program X outside the supervision of Sandboxie, then any other forced programs started by that program X will also start outside the supervision of Sandboxie.
* Improved support for User Account Control (UAC) elevation by sandboxed programs.
o No longer requires Sandboxie Control to be running.
o Pop-up window displays information about the elevating program.
* Fixed incompatibility with Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows 7.
* Windows Explorer running under Sandboxie displays current folder in title.
* Prevent Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers from updating in the sandbox.
o Message SBIE2191 will be displayed.
* Support for installing extensions into Google Chrome.
* Support for ICMP (ping) operations by sandboxed programs in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
* Improved compatibility with third-party security software: a2 Anti Malware.
* Improved compatibility with other third-party software: Macro Express, LinkStash, Bing Toolbar.
Homepage - http://www.sandboxie.com