FME Desktop is a flexible and powerful spatial ETL toolset used by thousands of GIS professionals worldwide to quickly translate, transform and integrate data. While spatial data is all around you, it often must be converted to be made usable. Proprietary formats, unique data models, an array of coordinate systems, and a myriad of storage locations all contribute their own obstacles to data accessibility. Yet writing custom translation scripts to tackle these challenges is time consuming, and the resulting dataset is often not structured the way you need it. How much is this inefficient process costing your business?
For over 15 years, Safe Software has been providing GIS professionals with an efficient alternative for data conversion. FME Desktop helps users make their data accessible to the people who need it by providing: * Quick data translation for 250+ formats * Flexible data model transformation and coordinate system conversion * Powerful integration between multiple data types and within leading GIS applications
FME DESKTOP KEY FEATURES 1. Support for 225+ Formats Read and write data in over 225 formats with a single toolset. FME Desktop format support is unrivalled in the industry and supports CAD, GIS, raster, database, 3D and BIM formats; for example, AutoCAD DWF/DWG, Bentley Microstation Design file, ESRI Shape, GeoTIFF, Industry Foundation Class STEP Files (IFC) and Oracle Spatial. You can also execute SQL queries against your spatial database, including ESRI ArcSDE, MySQL, PostGIS and SQL Server Spatial 2008.
2. Graphical Authoring Environment Quickly and easily define data flows with point and click. An intuitive authoring environment, FME Workbench makes it easy for you to graphically specify data transformations ("workspaces") that manipulate your spatial data and its associated attribution. FME Workbench is also the design tool used to create spatial data flows for FME Server.
3. Data Transformations Ensure you see the spatial data the way that you want to see it. The Transformer Gallery offers more than 300 transformers to help you easily and accurately manipulate the geometry and attributes of your spatial data as it moves from the source system to the destination system rlt; for example: • Perform geometric operations • Rename attributes • Calculate new attribute values • Join attributes from a database to feature geometry • Adjust feature symbology
4. Universal Viewer Understand your spatial data. Tightly integrated with FME Workbench, the FME Universal Viewer lets you quickly inspect your spatial data's geometry and attributes - before, after, and even during the transformation process. You can use it to examine features, identify attributes and values, and enhance the display using color, symbols and labelling.
5. Universal Translator Quickly move data from one format to another. Designed for quick translation, the FME Universal Translator makes it easy for you to perform simple conversions between hundreds of formats simple drag-and-drop. You can also use it to run workspaces created by others through FME Workbench.
6. Batch Processing Save time through efficient batch processing. With FME Desktop, you can set your spatial ETL data flows (workspaces) to run automatically from Windows schedule or a command line. Write your own batch translation scripts or let FME create the script for you. Build one workspace and run it on multiple data sets - there's no need to manually change the source in each workspace. Designed for efficiency, this feature is ideal for: • running recurring translations at off peak hours • migrating data from one database to another, with change control • comparing multiple data sets
7. Expert FME Service and Support Get the support you need to take full advantage of FME. To help you get up and running, FME Desktop includes software updates and technical support for the first year. FME users also receive access to an FME beta - updated weekly so you always access to the latest and greatest capabilities. Plus, more than 50 Certified FME Professionals and Trainers are available to help you build your team's FME expertise.
8. Support for Thousands of Coordinate Systems Ensure rapid, straightforward coordinate system conversion. With FME Desktop, you can choose from thousands of pre-defined coordinate systems based on a variety of projections, ellipsoids, and datums. You can also define your own custom coordinate system.
9. Tight Integration with Your Applications and Systems Conveniently access and transform hundreds of different data formats directly from within your application of choice. The full power of FME can be accessed directly from within many popular GIS or Business Intelligence applications, including:
• Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D and MapGuide • ESRI ArcGIS • IBM Information Server DataStage • Informatica PowerCenter • Intergraph GeoMedia • MapInfo Professional • Microsoft SQL Server (including Integration Services) • Oracle Spatial • Smallworld
Plus, for maximum flexibility, FME can be accessed by applications in C++, Java, and .NET
10. NeoGeography Support Create mashups using the latest web formats and services. FME Desktop can read/write geospatial data in popular web formats such as GeoRSS and Google KML (Google Earth/Maps). You FME can also consume data from web services including WFS, WMS, REST and Geocoding.