Rename It allows you to rename many files at once, saving you time and energy. You can use it to rename files by adding text, adding a date, changing the case, inserting text, removing text, replacing text, or making the files sequential.
Rename It v1.2 MacOSX Retail-CORE
*Please Note: Rename It does not currently support renaming folders.
What's New in Version 1.2
- File count is now more informative.
- You can specify the renaming scope when using the Insert Text option.
- You can now rename files that do not have extensions.
- You can now resize the window.
- Added full screen support in Lion for the extreme renamer.
- You can add files from a folder or folders.
- You can add files by dropping them on the icon in the Dock.
- You can add files through the Services menu in the Finder (You may need to log out and back in before this takes effect).
- You can set preferences for which files are removed after renaming, allowing you to reload files for multiple passes.
- When choosing to copy files, the original destination is given as the default location.
- You can now remove characters from just the beginning or the end of a file in the Remove Text option.
- Fixed a path error when dropping a folder to the output destination.
- Fixed an error where the program hangs when using the Add Date option.
- Fixed an error where renaming using the Change Case option causes the filename to change across the entire name.
- Fixed an error where the File count does not refresh.
- Fixed an error where you must specify a new location when renaming using the Change Case option.
- Fixed an error where previewing the files is messed up after searching for files.
- Other minor bug fixes.