Fix registry problems with two steps by using this software. Scan registry problems then fix them!
Registry First Aid scans and corrects registry errors. Your Windows registry will be always clean and correct. Registry First Aid scans registry for orphan file/folder references, invalid font references, obsolete Start Menu items, invalid fonts, shared DLLs, application paths and more… Registry First Aid – keep your PC fast and reliable! Registry First Aid scans the Windows registry for orphan file/folder references, finds these files or folders on your drives that may have been moved from their initial locations, and then corrects your registry entries to match the located files or folders. In addition, if your registry has links to files of deleted applications, Registry First Aid will find these invalid entries and remove them from your registry. With Registry First Aid, your Windows registry will be always clean and correct, helping your programs load faster and speeding up your computer.
Not all software un-installations do a complete job leaving behind numerous nagging file references in the Windows registry pointing to files that no longer exist. In time, you can end up with hundreds of these files that may slow down your computer and cause software to lock up, requiring a hard reboot of your computer. Also, if you’ve moved your programs from one drive to another, you can break the file links that a program needs. Registry First Aid will find these files and folders that you’ve moved on your hard drive and help you correct the registry entries that point to them.
Registry First Aid allows you to :
- find and correct:
· invalid file/folder references
· invalid font entries
· obsolete Start Menu items
· invalid application paths
· invalid registered help files
· invalid shared DLL references
· invalid program references in auto run registry keys
· obsolete and unused software registry entries
· invalid known DLL registry references
· invalid file associations
- search the registry for several strings at once
- defragment registry files
- create registry snapshots, find changes made to the registry and create “undo” and “redo” files for any modified registry key
- review folders where invalid registry keys refer
- review registry entries with RegEdit where invalid items reside
- create full registry backups before any changes, so you can always restore your Windows® registry to its initial state
- create small registry backups of modified registry entries, so you can always restore only modified entries
- restore any particular modified registry entry to its initial state
- search for a modified registry entry in all backup files
- save the list of found invalid entries into a text file
- print the list of found invalid entries
- schedule automatic registry scan
Platinum version also allows to control auto-run programs, installed software, “Open With..” dialog, Browser Helper Objects (BHO), Internet Explorer menus and toolbars. Registry First Aid works with Windows® 2000/2003/XP/Vista and the new Windows 7 (64-bit and 32-bit).
Registry First Aid 8.0 is a big step forward for us and is faster, safer and more effective, yet more intuitive for users, than any previous release.
New in version 8.2.0:
+ show number of avaialable suggested corrections if one or more found for each error entry
+ icon for shortcut folder in Start Menu;
+ icon added to “open in RegEdit” menu for Registry Manage;
+ option to restore default Excluded Paths to Scan for Corrections in settings;
+ new dialog to enter or edit excluded registry keys;
+ show number of excluded items near every category in Excluded Registry Keys;
+ show affected category excluded lists in confirmation dialog on adding excluded entries from the list of found errors;
+ quick jump to an entry in the list of found errors on starting type key name/value/invalid string;
- RFA agent bug fixed – it may appear that the last registry scan date is not correct;
+ Registry Manage “Open with..” plugin: read module descriptions from resource strings;
- Registry Manage bug fixed – only BHO plugins with not empty ProdID were listed;
+ Registry Manage: quick jump to an entry in the list of found errors on typing item name;
- Registry Manage: some long strings were truncated in the list;
+ Registry Manage: plugin BHO – read wow6432node key;
+ Restore Full Backups: option to select and delete several backups at once;
+ Restore Full Backup: show backup folder size under the backup list;.
Registry First Aid 8.0 is a complete rewrite in Microsoft C++ as all past versions were in Delphi which did not support 64-bit Windows. The installer will install the correct version, 64-bit or 32-bit to your computer.
Homepage - http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/Reg1Aid/