Quick Heal Total Security 2011 12.00 (18.104.22.168) | 203.2 MB
Quick Heal Total Security protects your laptops and desktops and provides protection against all kinds of Internet or network-based threats. Upon installation, it acts as a shield against viruses, worms, trojans, spywares and other malicious threats. It also provides security against new and unknown threats with Quick Heal's renowned DNAScan Technology.
Its improved Anti-Phishing feature ensures that you do not land on phishing sites when browsing the net.
The Parental Control feature allows you to schedule Internet access for your children and its pre-configured restricted browsing ensures that children do not visit adult sites.
The PCTuner tool improves the overall efficiency of your system and the PC2Mobile Scan feature scans, detects and removes malwares from your mobile phones. It utilizes minimum system resources, thereby giving complete protection to your system without slowing it down.
Get Quick Heal Total Security and take it for a test drive to see what it's really capable of!
Here are some key features of "Quick Heal Total Security 2011":
· The powerful virus detection engine of Quick Heal Total Security scans and removes viruses, worms, trojans and many other threats that may try to sneak into your system through removable drives, email attachments and Internet downloads.
· Spyware is malicious software that is installed on the system without the user’s knowledge to gather personal information of the user and to monitor the critical information such as user name, passwords, bank account details, credit card details etc. The AntiSpyware feature blocks spywares before they get installed on your PC. It also protects your privacy by detecting and cleaning spywares, and blocking their activities of identity theft automatically.
· A new advanced malware scanning engine scans registry, files and folders at lightning speed to thoroughly detect and clean Spywares, Adwares, Roguewares, Dialers, Riskwares and lots of other potential threats in your system.
· Detects and cleans rootkits proactively by doing deep system scan. Scans running processes, registry and file system for any suspicious rootkit activity that is kept hidden in the system.
USB Drive Protection:
· Malwares that spread by exploiting the autorun feature of removable devices are on the rise, and USB drives (memory stick, flash drive, portable hard drive) have now become carriers of autorun malwares. USB Drive Protection safeguards your system against such malwares by disabling the autorun feature.
· The Browsing Protection feature protects your computer from threats occurring through malicious websites.
· Self Protection feature protects Quick Heal files, folders, configurations and registry entries against malicious activities, and also from getting tampered.
· Suppresses prompts across all Quick Heal modules and reduces system load which makes activities like playing games, watching movies or presentations uninterrupted without compromising the security of the computer.
· Automatically scans all accessed web pages for fraudulent activity protecting you against any phishing attack as you surf the internet. Prevents identity theft by blocking phishing websites. So you can shop online, use Internet banking and surf the websites safely.
· Blocks spam mails, phishing attack mails, junk mails and porn mails before they reach your inbox.
· Firewall Protection feature works silently in the background and monitors network activity for malicious behavior to ensure their elimination before the malwares can reach the system. The method of detecting malicious network activity is done by Intrusion Detection System and the method of preventing malicious network activity is done by Intrusion Prevention System.
· Parental Control is a new feature in Quick Heal that lets parents control the Internet activity for their children. It provides features that can restrict categories of websites or user-specified websites. It also allows parents to schedule Internet access for their children.
· Virus attack is not just limited to PCs or Notebooks. In the fast paced mobile world, where people access the Internet using their mobile phones, virus attack on mobile phones is now another outlet for cyber criminals to spread malicious programs. Quick Heal Total Security provides the PC2Mobile Scan feature where you can scan, detect and delete malwares, viruses and spywares from your mobile phones.
PC2Mobile Scan supports following mobile phones:
· Apple iPhone, Asus, BlackBerry, E-Ten, E-Volve, Fujitsu Siemens, LG, Mivvy, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Samsung, Segam, Sharp, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, ZTC, HTC, I-Mate, HP, O2 and all the Windows Mobile phones.
Data Theft Protection:
· Data Theft Protection prevents unauthorized copy of confidential or sensitive data from your PC. It blocks access to pen drive/CD writer or other USB storage devices from your PC. Using this feature, neither the system’s data can be copied to the removable drives nor the data from outside (removable drives) be copied to your system.
· The Secure Delete feature permanently erases files from the hard drive, as opposed to the normal delete procedure, making it unrecoverable.
· You have created a new folder, but forgot to add files in the folder. You created a shortcut to a location, and after a few days deleted the location, but not the shortcut. You’ve been surfing the net for quite some time now and the temporary Internet files have accumulated in the respective folder. All of these are invalid files or junk files that clutter your system hard drive and affects system performance. With the Disk Cleanup feature you can remove such clutter to free up disk space that can be used for other applications or for improving system performance.
· It cleans invalid and junk entries from system registry and boosts system performance.
Duplicate File Finder:
· Deletes duplicate files of pre-defined file categories, by searching for duplicate files on your computer. It conserves disk space by removing redundant files.
· It defragments page-files, and registry hives that are used by applications, to improve the performance of the system.
What's new in Quick Heal Total Security 2011 11.00:
· Entertainment mode has been introduced. Using Entertainment
· mode you will be able to play games, watch movies and use any
· entertainment software without any interference by Quick Heal
· and without reducing security of your computer.
· To improve security against malwares, Quick Heal has come up
· with Self Defense feature. Malwares are now targeting AntiVirus
· and security softwares by deleting their important files,
· registry entries. Quick Heal files, folders & registry entries
· will be now protected. User, Malware or any other application
· will not be able to tamper Quick Heal files, folders and
· registry entries.
· Web Browsing Protection has been introduced to prevent infections
· from malicious websites.
· Quick Heal will now automatically detect newly mounted removable
· drives (e.g. Pen drive, USB Hard Drives etc.) and prompt you to
· scan the drives.
· Quick Heal Autorun Protection has been introduced to manage
· autorun functionality of the PC and removable drives.
· Malware files are often packed with different packers.Quick Heal
· identifies different packers and also gives option to filter files
· based on packers used to pack them. You can also block
· access/execution of files packed by particular packer.
· You can now directly add email address from mail client to
· Anti-Spam Black list or White list. Currently this feature is
· supported for MS Outlook and Eudora mail Client.
· Quick Heal PCTuner is integrated with Total Security. PCTuner
· has features like Registry Cleanup, Disk Cleanup, Auto Cleanup,
· Secure Delete, Duplicate File Finder etc which helps fix errors
· and speed up your computer.
· Quick Heal 2010 consumes very less memory compared to last
· version. This helps to improve performance of your system by
· taking less system resources.
Online Protection has been enhanced for following:
· a. Online Protection will be compatible to SwitchUser Mode.
· Online Protection icon will now be displayed in each
· logged in user.
· b. It will give you warning while disabling online protection.
· User can now also be able to opt to Turn on online protection
· after specific time interval.
· c. It will also scan and delete a ZIP files containing infection.
· d. Quick Heal System tray Icon will also be shown to the user
· even if Online Protection is permanently turned off.
Memory Scanning has been enhanced for following:
· a. It will also scan hidden processes running in memory.
· b. It will also scan running drivers on the system.
· c. It will also scan memory silently after every update.
· This will ensure that system memory is clean after applying
· the latest signature pattern updates.
Quick Update has been enhanced for following:
· a. Update size will be smaller.
· b. Focus shifting problem in case of silent update has been
· c. It will keep reminding user to restart the system in
· case of update which requires restart.
· Quick Heal is now compatible with 64 Bit Platforms. It will not
· run under WOW64 anymore. It will be using full functionality
· of 64-bit Operating System.
· You will also be able to send System Information even if you do not
· have email client configured on your computer.
· Track Cleaner will also remove privacy traces of following applications
which can expose your privacy traces:
· a. Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0
· b. Chrome Browser
· c. Safari Browser
· d. Opera Browser
· e. Real Player
· f. Quick Time Player
· g. Microsoft Access 2000
· h. Microsoft Access XP
· i. Microsoft Visio 2002
· j. Microsoft Access 2003
· k. Microsoft Publisher 2003
· l. Microsoft Visio 2003
· m. Microsoft Word 2007
· n. Microsoft Excel 2007
· o. Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
· p. Microsoft Access 2007
· q. Microsoft Publisher 2007
· r. Microsoft Visio 2007
· Quick Heal Anti-Malware can also be scheduled for scan along with
· Quick Heal AntiVirus Scan.
· Quick Heal will maintain reports in Reports section if you enable
· or disable critical modules. It will generate reports of following
· a. Online Protection
· b. E-mail Protection
· c. Automatic Update
· d. Messenger
Email Protection has been enhanced for following:
· a. It will also scan Phishing mails and tag them as SPAM.
· b. It will also log sender information when it detects an infected
· or suspicious mail.
· Native Boot Scan has been enhanced. Now it will also be supported
· on 64-bit Operating System.
Home page - http://www.quickheal.com