PromptPal is a replacement GUI (graphical user interface) for the command prompt and Powershell console. It does not replace the command processor itself - every instruction runs through Microsoft's consoles behnd the scenes. The difference is that with PromptPal you get to compose your commands and view the results in a modern and helpful Windows program.
· Open multiple command consoles as tabs to reduce screen clutter and make it easier to flip between sessions.
Supports Windows PowerShell:
· Use Windows PowerShell, the standard "command prompt" and even other command shells, all from the same window.
Command Syntax Help and Auto Completion:
· Compose your commands more quickly and easily with PromptPal's command syntax help, auto-completion pop-ups.
Windows Style Editing:
· Supports copy / paste, drag and drop, inbuilt file and folder browsers
· Search the console just as you would a normal text document
Run As Administrator:
· Effortlessly launch new command consoles with administrator privileges and / or under a different account.
Persistant Command History:
· Keep your command history even when you close a console session.
Auto Run at Startup:
· Execute an initial command automatically every time a new console session starts.
Integration with Windows Explorer:
· Open command consoles at a particular folder in a single step using PromptPal's integration with Internet Explorer.
Print and Save to File:
· Print all or part of console window, or save console contents to text file in a single step.
Add Your Own Commands:
· Define your own syntax help for custom commands
· Mark frequently used command lines as "favorites" so they are always to hand.
· Customize features to suit the way you like to work.
Extabit | Uploaded | RyuShare