Pro SQL Server 2008 Relational Database Design and Implementation
Publisher: Apress | 2008 | PDF | 680 pages | ISBN: 143020866X | 11.97 Mb
Learn effective and scalable database design techniques in a SQL Server environment. Pro SQL Server 2008 Relational Database Design and Implementation covers everything from design logic that business users will understand all the way to the physical implementation of the design in a SQL Server database. Grounded in best practices and a solid understanding of the underlying theory, authors Louis Davidson, Kevin Kline, Scott Klein, and Kurt Windisch show how to “get it right” in SQL Server database design and lay a solid groundwork for the future use of valuable business data.
* Solid foundation in best practices and relational theory
* Maximize SQL Server features to enhance security, performance, scalability
* Thorough treatment from conceptual design to an effective, physical implementation
What you’ll learn
* Develop conceptual models of client data using interviews and client documentation.
* Normalize data models to enhance scalability and the long term use of valuable data.
* Translate conceptual models into high–performing SQL Server databases.
* Secure and protect the integrity of data as part of meeting regulatory requirements.
* Take full advantage of new SQL Server features such as the spatial datatype, XML support, transparent data encryption, and more.
* Create effective indexing to speed query performance.