PowerArchiver 2010 11.70.11 Portable | 28.51 MB
PowerArchiver contains all the basic features you would expect from a compression program / archive utility - you can read and extract from many different formats and you can also create archives in many different formats, including 7-Zip which is one of the best compression formats currently used. What makes PowerArchiver different from many similar utilities is the wealth of advanced features it has. Simply put, PowerArchiver is one of the most innovative utilities of its kind and many features you now take for granted in a compression utility were first offered in PowerArchiver.
· Complete built-in support (including creating archives and adding files) for ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and BH (BlakHole) files, and built-in support for reading and extracting many other file formats: RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ and BZIP2
· Built-in support for XXE and UUE encoded files
· Many powerful archive operations (including: renaming files in archive, spanning archives, testing archives, viewing and writing comments, installing archives, and checking archives for viruses)
· Internal viewer that supports TXT, RTF, BMP, ICO, WMF, EMF, GIF and JPG (JPEG) files
· Skinnable toolbar
· Drag and Drop from/to Windows Explorer and the Desktop
· Two ways of viewing archives (Classic - all files in the same listing; Explorer - browsing through an archive like folders in Windows Explorer)
· Creating powerful ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LHA and BH self-extracting archives
· Complete integration with Windows (extracting archives and creating archives directly from Windows Explorer using powerful "Explorer Shell Extensions")
· Viewing files in all view styles, including "as a Web page"
· Converting between file formats (for example: changing a ZIP archive to CAB archive, or LHA archive to ZIP archive)
· Tool for repairing corrupted ZIP archives
· Tool for extracting multiple archives at once
· Tool for creating backup scripts and running automated backups
· Auto Update to automatically download and install new versions of PowerArchiver
· Batch Zip function to create multiple different archives at once
· Favorite Folders to quickly locate archives
· Printing file list to printer, or exporting file list to HTML or TXT files
· Powerful help in HTML and a tutorial with pictures for beginners
· Many, many other useful and powerful features
Changes in PowerArchiver 2010:
New Zip Engine:
* Multicore compression support - 4x faster than single threaded engines. Support for dual core, quad core and i7 computers for nearly up to 4x speed improvement over competing utilities that do not have multicore zip support (WinZip, WinRar). Multicore compression is supported for deflate and LZMA methods.
* Support for WinZip 11 and 12 formats. Full support for LZMA, PPMd, WavPack and BZIP2 compression methods for full compatibility with WinZip 11 and partial compatibility with WinZip 12.
* Unicode support. PowerArchiver 2010 supports Unicode zip standards, compatible with all major archivers that support unicode.
Windows 7 support:
* Full Windows 7 support. First on the market with support for latest operating system from Microsoft. PowerArchiver supports jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays. Check for more info at PowerArchiver Blog entry..
* Skinning support with DirectSkin 6.0. First application with latest DirectSkin 6.0 engine for skinning support of Windows 7 (32bit only).
PA Shell Extensions 2.0:
* Added Extract MRU shell extensions.
* Added Compress to MRU zip shell extensions.
* Added FTP profiles in shell extension, directly ftp from shell.
* Moved backup to standalone application for easier handling, faster load times.
* You can add multiple folders in backup file list.
* Considerably faster zip backup when handling 10,000+ files.
* Better info on files/folders in file list (number/size).
* Fixed major issue with 7-Zip backups and larger number of files.
And much more...
* Interface improvements in Modern interface - faster and better looking.
* Interface improvements in Classic interface - more MRU's, more usable.
* New Add window in main PowerArchiver, most usable options are now shown on first screen.
* You can now select multiple folders in all folder selection windows (backup, tools, etc).
* Optimized 7-Zip's Optimized compression - Ultra and Max feature stronger compression now.
* Added New Folder and Network buttons in Add window, improved look of other icons.
* Unicode support for other formats that support Unicode in rest of PowerArchiver interfaces.
* Added method property in file list and properties window.
* Other smaller improvements, and more major ones coming.
Home Page -