PopChar 4.0 | 2.64 MB
PopChar is an invaluable utility application that lets you insert special characters, accented and foreign letters, etc. from all installed fonts into your documents. You never need to search for or remember complex keystrokes again! Just pop up the PopChar window, click the desired character, and the character is inserted into your current document.
If a font contains Unicode characters, PopChar shows all of them together, neatly arranged in the standard Unicode categories. Whenever you need a special character, it's just a mouse click away.
PopChar Win is the Windows version of the famous PopChar that has been available on the Macintosh for over 20 years.
* Inserts special characters right into your document - just click and select
* Search for characters by name as quickly as you type. For example, show all variations of the letter "E", all "numbers", all "arrows", etc.
* Recent characters view for instant access to your frequently used characters
* Flexible user interface to satisfy the individual needs of different users
* Displays the keystrokes needed to create selected characters
* Displays all characters of all fonts available on your computer
* Automatically detects the current font in many popular applications (including Word, Excel, Illustrator, PageMaker)
* Optimized Font menu that contains only the most recently used fonts, giving quick access to the required font, even with hundreds of fonts installed
* Full Unicode support with different comfortable views and pop-up menu for quick navigation among groups of characters
* Various insertion Modes: Insert characters as plain or formatted text
* Magnifier tool providing an enlarged view to see all details of characters including their position relative to the baseline
* Inserts HTML symbols
* Hot key activation
* Automatically starts at login
PopChar versions 3.0 and newer run on Windows Vista, XP, and 2000. If you need to run PopChar on older systems (Windows 95, 98, Me, NT), please use version 2.2.
more info -