PHP Programming with PEAR: XML, Data, Dates, Web Services, and Web
Publisher: Packt Publishing 2006 | 292 Pages | ISBN: 1904811795 | PDF | 5 MB
XML, Data, Dates, Web Services, and Web APIs
Maximize your productivity through the use of proven, powerful, reusable PHP components
In-depth coverage of a range of important PEAR packages
Many code examples provide a clear and practical guidance
PEAR is the PHP Extension and Application Repository, and is a framework and distribution system for reusable, high-quality PHP components, available in the form of "packages".
In this book, you will learn how to use a number of the most powerful PEAR packages available to boost your PHP development productivity. By focusing on these packages for key development activities, this book is an in-depth guide to getting the most from these powerful coding resources.
You will become a master of various PEAR packages that help you with the essential tasks of PHP development such as:
* Accessing databases with MDB2
* Displaying data in a range of formats (HTML, Excel spreadsheet, PDF)
* Creating and parsing XML documents
* Serializing PHP objects into XML, and unserializing XML documents to PHP objects
* Consuming and offering web services
* Accessing Web APIs including Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and Technorati