PC Tools Disk Suite 2009 184.108.40.206 | 7.23 MB
PC Tools Disk Suite is an easy-to-use comprehensive software suite designed to provide set of functionalities to manage user-level and system-level disk operations, such as clean-up and optimization, data and free space defragmentation, disk repair, backup/restore, partitions management.
With PC Tools Disk Suite you'll be able to manage and maintain your computer in top notch shape.
Disk Suite puts a range of tools at your fingertips to provide optimum system performance and improved stability and security.
Clean and Optimize:
· With Disk Suite you can safely Cleanup and Optimize your Windows disks with a few simple mouse clicks. Disks can become bloated with temporary files, log files and other unnecessary data. The Cleanup and Optimize feature lets you safely remove unnecessary files and bloat from your disk without detailed knowledge of the Windows file systems. Removing bloat will not only make your PC perform better, but will also provide you with more free space to store your own files.
· Fragmented drives drain critical system resources, compromise the ability to access your files efficiently and slow down system start-up.
· Defragmentation is one of the best methods of boosting system performance by optimizing the way files are written to the disk. By reorganizing the files on the hard disk, the process of accessing those files becomes more efficient, creates a greater amount of free space on the hard drive and allows you to use that space more efficiently.
· The defrag feature provides you with a powerful defragmentation tool that supports both NTFS and FAT32 file systems. Different levels of defragmentation are provided in case you just need a quick defrag or you want to schedule a complete optimization of your disk.
Backup & Restore:
· The Backup feature allows you to make copies of your data that can be restored in the event that files are lost or overwritten. Taking regular backup is one of the most important tasks you can perform to ensure you don't lose important data, files and information.
· The Backup feature in Disk Suite allows you to tailor your backup to meet your needs. It also allows you to restore files as needed, and verify your backup to ensure valuable data can be recovered as needed.
· Partitioning manages the different partitions that make up the different volumes and drive letters on your PC. It allows you to create separate divisions within the hard disk to provide greater user control. By dividing your disk into individual partitions such as operating system, program files, data files, and personal data you can better structure your data in the unfortunate event of disk corruption and system recovery.
· The Partition feature allows you to merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you manage your disk's configuration allowing you to change cluster sizes, convert to different file systems and much more.
Diagnostics and Repair:
· Physical disk and file corruption is one of the main causes of data loss. The Repair feature allows you to actively monitor the health of your disk and file systems and where possible repair corruption and errors. It also allows you to schedule or directly run different types of disk integrity checks and identify future disk corruption so issues can be quickly discovered and resolved.
· The repair feature performs integrity checks to check file system structure, surface scans to check for bad sectors and disk errors as well as repair hard disk problems. In addition the repair feature includes hard disk diagnostics and monitoring and lets you review the S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) status of your hard drive (if supported).
Designed for Windows® Vista™ 64-bit SP1, Vista™ 32-bit, XP and 2000
homepage - http://www.pctools.com/disk-suite/