PassMark WirelessMon Pro 3.1 Build 1005 | 2.65 Mb
Passmark WirelessMon is a software tool that allows users to monitor the status of wireless WiFi adapter(s) and gather information about nearby wireless access points and hot spots in real time. WirelessMon can log the information it collects into a file, while also providing comprehensive graphing of signal level and real time IP and 802.11 WiFi statistics.
The following wireless LAN information can be provided by WirelessMon (when available, as not all wireless adapters will support all of these features):
· Current connection information: SSID; Connected Access Point MAC Address; Signal strength; Tx Power; Auth type; RTS Threshold; Frag Threshold; Channel; Frequency; Number of Antennas; Beacon Period; ATIM Window; Dwell Time; Hop Pattern; Hop Set.
· Staistics information: Transmitted Fragment Count; Multicast Transmitted Frame Count; Failed Count; Retry Count; Multiple Retry Count; RTS Success Count; RTS Failure Count; ACK Failure Count; Frame Duplicate Count; Received Fragment Count; Multicast Received Frame Count; Sent OK; RCV OK; Sent Error; RCV Error; Direct Bytes Sent; Directed Frames Sent; Multicast Bytes Sent; Multicast Frames Sent; Broadcasts Bytes Sent; Broadcasts Frames Sent; Directed Bytes RCV; Directed Frames RCV; Multicast Bytes RCV; Multicast Frames RCV; Broadcasts Bytes RCV; Broadcasts Frames RCV.
· IP information: Adapter MAC Address; Adapter Name; Adapter IP Address; Subnet Mask; DHCP Enabled; Gateway Address; DHCP Server; Lease Obtained; Lease Expired; DNS Server.
· IP counter information: Band Width; Sent Rate (Bytes/Second); Data Rate (Packets/Second); RCV Rate (Packets /Second); Sent Rate (Packets/Second); Output Queue Length; RCV Counter Error; Sent Counter Error.
Key features :
· Verify 802.11 network configuration is correct.
· Test WiFi hardware and device drivers are functioning correctly.
· Check signal levels from your local WiFi network and nearby networks.
· Help locate sources of interference to your network.
· Scan for hot spots in your local area (wardriving)
· Create signal strength maps of an area
· GPS support for logging and mapping signal strength
· Correctly locate your wireless antenna (especially important for directional antennas).
· Verify the security settings for local access points.
· Measure network speed & throughput and view available data rates.
· Help check Wifi network coverage and range