PassMark WirelessMon 3.1 Build 1002 | 2.64 MB
WirelessMon can log the information collected into a file, provides comprehensive graphing of signal level and real time IP and 802.11 WiFi statistics.WirelessMon is an application that will allow you to monitor the status of wireless WiFi adapter(s) and gather important information about nearby wireless access points and hot spots in real time.Any wireless adapter complies with the NDIS_802.11 should be able to report information to WirelessMon. All the various IEEE 802.11 standards are supported, including 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g.Some features may not be supported by some wireless adapters, typically they will report only partial information in this case. It has been also been noted that several wireless adapters manufacturers are not providing device drivers that are fully Windows compliant..
The following wireless LAN information can be provided by WirelessMon (when available, as not all wireless adapters will support all of these features):
· Current connection information: SSID; Connected Access Point MAC Address; Signal strength; Tx Power; Auth type; RTS Threshold; Frag Threshold; Channel; Frequency; Number of Antennas; Beacon Period; ATIM Window; Dwell Time; Hop Pattern; Hop Set.
· Staistics information: Transmitted Fragment Count; Multicast Transmitted Frame Count; Failed Count; Retry Count; Multiple Retry Count; RTS Success Count; RTS Failure Count; ACK Failure Count; Frame Duplicate Count; Received Fragment Count; Multicast Received Frame Count; Sent OK; RCV OK; Sent Error; RCV Error; Direct Bytes Sent; Directed Frames Sent; Multicast Bytes Sent; Multicast Frames Sent; Broadcasts Bytes Sent; Broadcasts Frames Sent; Directed Bytes RCV; Directed Frames RCV; Multicast Bytes RCV; Multicast Frames RCV; Broadcasts Bytes RCV; Broadcasts Frames RCV.
· IP information: Adapter MAC Address; Adapter Name; Adapter IP Address; Subnet Mask; DHCP Enabled; Gateway Address; DHCP Server; Lease Obtained; Lease Expired; DNS Server.
· IP counter information: Band Width; Sent Rate (Bytes/Second); Data Rate (Packets/Second); RCV Rate (Packets /Second); Sent Rate (Packets/Second); Output Queue Length; RCV Counter Error; Sent Counter Error.
Key features :-
· Verify 802.11 network configuration is correct.
· Test WiFi hardware and device drivers are functioning correctly.
· Check signal levels from your local WiFi network and nearby networks.
· Help locate sources of interference to your network.
· Scan for hot spots in your local area (wardriving)
· Create signal strength maps of an area
· GPS support for logging and mapping signal strength
· Correctly locate your wireless antenna (especially important for directional antennas).
· Verify the security settings for local access points.
· Measure network speed & throughput and view available data rates.
· Help check Wifi network coverage and range
· If WirelessMon is started and detects a Wi-Spy attached but the config option is not already selected WirelessMon will now prompt if you want to enable the Wi-Spy
· Added the option to switch between a percentage display on the map scale or the dBm value (in map options). If the map is
· in access point mode or channel mode with no Wi-Spy the min/max values for the network card are displayed, if it is channel mode and a Wi-Spy is connected the appropriate Wi-Spy values are displayed.
· Changed position of text for map scale to be to the left of the scale rather than being drawn on the colours of the scale
· Changed black background around map (if image was smaller than the WirelessMon window) to a white background to allow for better viewing of the map scale
· Updated Wi-Spy help page to contain more information about where the Wi-Spy data is used
· Fixed a bug where the colour representing the signal level was incorrect when first adding a sample using the Wi-Spy in channel mode on t...
Homepage - http://www.passmark.com/products/wirelessmonitor.htm