Passmark WirelessMon 3.0.1002 | 2.37 MB
WirelessMon is a software tool that allows users to monitor the status of wireless WiFi adapter(s) and gather information about nearby wireless access points and hot spots in real time. WirelessMon can log the information it collects into a file, while also providing comprehensive graphing of signal level and real time IP and 802.11 WiFi statistics.
* Verify 802.11 network configuration is correct.
* Test WiFi hardware and device drivers are functioning correctly.
* Check signal levels from your local WiFi network and nearby networks.
* Help locate sources of interference to your network.
* Scan for hot spots in your local area (wardriving)
* Create signal strength maps of an area
* GPS support for logging and mapping signal strength
* Correctly locate your wireless antenna (especially important for directional antennas).
* Verify the security settings for local access points.
* Measure network speed & throughput and view available data rates.
* Help check Wifi network coverage and range
V3.0 build 1002 21/July/2008
* Added new boundary checks and warning messages when entering in GPS co-ordinates in DMS format
* Updated help file with information about requirement of maps to be north aligned for correct calibration and mapping when using GPS co-ordinates
* Fixed a bug where "Unable to move old config file.." error was shown when WirelessMon was installed on a different drive to the Windows system directories
* Fixed a bug where some GPS messages were being read incorrectly and not updating the position
Windows XP, 2003, Vista.
Note: Windows 95, 98, 2000 and NT are not supported.
64 MB RAM, 3 MB of disk space, compatible 802.11 wireless adapter(s).
homepage - http://www.passmark.com/products/wirelessmonitor.htm